UFC Thread

He's good when it goes to the ground, but his striking analysis can be horrible.
From the little bit I was able to watch, he seemed biased towards certain fighters. And apparently everyone was gassing in his eyes. I usually like any combination of Rogan, Anik, and Cormier. I don’t like it when they put Rogan and Cruz together.

He's good when it goes to the ground, but his striking analysis can be horrible.

Huh? He competed in tae kwon do. I don't think he's competed in any grappling discipline. He knows striking, IMO.

He also has a knack for picking up on injuries before anybody's corner does

From the little bit I was able to watch, he seemed biased towards certain fighters. And apparently everyone was gassing in his eyes. I usually like any combination of Rogan, Anik, and Cormier. I don’t like it when they put Rogan and Cruz together.

Cruz is unbearable when it's a teammate fighting. I like all of them, tbh. Felder is good. DC is good.

Huh? He competed in tae kwon do. I don't think he's competed in any grappling discipline. He knows striking, IMO.

He also has a knack for picking up on injuries before anybody's corner does

He is a longtime bjj practitioner. And he has a tae kwon do background but it's annoying when he's just throwing out generic lines like "he clipped him" or "he's hurt" over and over. Or sometimes he gets focused on one fighter for some reason and overstates what they are doing. It can really influence how an audience sees a fight. Watching fights on mute has really opened me up to this.

Reactions: BadJerry20
He is a longtime bjj practitioner. And he has a tae kwon do background but it's annoying when he's just throwing out generic lines like "he clipped him" or "he's hurt" over and over. Or sometimes he gets focused on one fighter for some reason and overstates what they are doing. It can really influence how an audience sees a fight. Watching fights on mute has really opened me up to this.

When Herb prematurely called the Askren/Lawler fight, I think he was at least partially influenced by Joe saying "he's out". It's obviously still on Herb, but that sucked.

I love Rogan's energy and if he has an influence (I think my bias/fanhood is too much to overcome) on how I view the fight, it has no impact on the outcome so I say who cares, but to each his own.

I wanna say Rogan is a black belt in BJJ at Eddie Bravo’s 10th planet gym

He is, but he's been doing striking-based martial arts almost his whole life. He was 4x state champ in full contact TKD in Massachusetts. He wanted to be a pro in kickboxing but started having headaches all the time and quit and then was a paid instructor before he discovered comedy/show biz.

Reactions: volnbama_

I appreciate his knowledge or the sport, I also find him extremely ****ing annoying and most definitely calls fights in favor of certain guys.

LOL, damn

"She is free and clear to go to Bellator [MMA] or any of these other promotions and fight these easy fights she wants. Done. Done deal. I will literally, today, have my lawyer draft a letter to [Justino's team saying] that she is free and clear."

Dana White: UFC is 'out of the Cyborg business'
He shouldn’t really talk about her taking easy fights in other organizations. You can count the number of women in the UFC who fight exclusively at featherweight on one hand.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back