Knoxville Restaurants

Finally got around to Ruby Sunshine on the square. It’s was fairly good. The biscuit was a little heavy for my taste and the potatoes where a bit over done. Not great but not terrible. Had the three pigs omelette. It was tasty and filling. Overall it’s more of a breakfast place than I could call brunch. No steak and eggs but beef hash instead. May try one of the Benedict dishes if you go. My choices for brunch downtown are still Bistro and The Grill and Brewery.

They opened one up in Franklin not too long ago. I go for the BLT. I like that they put fried green tomatoes on it and the portions are great.

They opened one up in Franklin not too long ago. I go for the BLT. I like that they put fried green tomatoes on it and the portions are great.
The portions are good. Like I said it’s not the best in town IMO but it’s a good place for what it is. I’m not a tomato guy as they tear me up.

Finally got around to Ruby Sunshine on the square. It’s was fairly good. The biscuit was a little heavy for my taste and the potatoes where a bit over done. Not great but not terrible. Had the three pigs omelette. It was tasty and filling. Overall it’s more of a breakfast place than I could call brunch. No steak and eggs but beef hash instead. May try one of the Benedict dishes if you go. My choices for brunch downtown are still Bistro and The Grill and Brewery.
How can you have a New Orleans style place and not serve beignets or cafe ole?

Myrtle's appears to be going in the old Chick fil A on Kingston Pike near Papermill. Sign is up, but the building does not look like any work has been done.

We are going to try the new Harvest restaurant in Bearden this weekend. Will report back.

Harvest was very good. They have some holdovers from the prior menu at Shuck. Steaks were cooked perfectly, blue point oysters were nice, my wife's fish creation looked (and reportedly tasted) amazing, and our server was phenomenal (she had been at Shuck for all 5 years, apparently). They have a good selection of craft (many local) beers, wine, and signature cocktails.

Highly recommended.

Reactions: Boca Vol and MAD
We suspect Elkmont Exchange is watering down their liquor. 5 adults had at least 3 signature cocktails per person in a 2 hour period, 4 of them had a total of 4 cocktails per person.

We had a discussion about the evening at a later date and came to the conclusion that not one of us really felt a buzz from the amount of alcohol we all drank.

We suspect Elkmont Exchange is watering down their liquor. 5 adults had at least 3 signature cocktails per person in a 2 hour period, 4 of them had a total of 4 cocktails per person.

We had a discussion about the evening at a later date and came to the conclusion that not one of us really felt a buzz from the amount of alcohol we all drank.

The food at Elkmont Exchange just doesn't look appealing on their social media.

The food at Elkmont Exchange just doesn't look appealing on their social media.

The food was actually really pretty good. Their beef short ribs were good but they need a sauce on them like an au jus to finish them. The only real complaint I had and I didn't even order one was they serve their Caesar salad with kale instead of hearts of romaine. You don't do that. The Tennessee Hill burger was really good.

The food was actually really pretty good. Their beef short ribs were good but they need a sauce on them like an au jus to finish them. The only real complaint I had and I didn't even order one was they serve their Caesar salad with kale instead of hearts of romaine. You don't do that. The Tennessee Hill burger was really good.

No kidding! Might as well serve it in stall 3 in the bathroom as kale goes right through me.

Kale....the offspring of when a cactus mates with a head of lettuce.

No kidding! Might as well serve it in stall 3 in the bathroom as kale goes right through me.

Kale....the offspring of when a cactus mates with a head of lettuce.

It is a completely different texture, totally weird mouth feels.

I am headed to the Knoxville area for a high school class reunion in late Sept. What are good restaurants in Maryville for dinner? Nothing fancy as I want to do some hiking during the day and will stay at the airport hotel Sun. evening for a very early flight out Monday morning.

I am headed to the Knoxville area for a high school class reunion in late Sept. What are good restaurants in Maryville for dinner? Nothing fancy as I want to do some hiking during the day and will stay at the airport hotel Sun. evening for a very early flight out Monday morning.
Arguably the best restaurant in East Tennessee is in Maryville -- Foothills Milling Company. It is a nice place, though, and reservations are definitely required. I hear good things about Walnut Kitchen. Sullivan's is good standard American fare downtown, and Lemon Grass is good Asian.

Arguably the best restaurant in East Tennessee is in Maryville -- Foothills Milling Company. It is a nice place, though, and reservations are definitely required. I hear good things about Walnut Kitchen. Sullivan's is good standard American fare downtown, and Lemon Grass is good Asian.

Thanks. Walnut Kitchen is closed on Sundays so I might try Lemon Grass.

VN Store

Back