2019 NBA Offseason - Beastmode Cowboy Edition

The league is doing better than ever, tho. Toronto and Dallas are the only top 10 markets to make a finals this decade

Yeah, no way the Bay Area could be confused with a large market.

I felt he was more referring to the bottom 10 markets retaining top talent still under contract, which he cautions would be bad for the league if it propagates from the more recent data set.

Yeah, no way the Bay Area could be confused with a large market.

I felt he was more referring to the bottom 10 markets retaining top talent still under contract, which he cautions would be bad for the league if it propagates from the more recent data set.

I don't think this concern offsets the player's right to demand a trade if the organization isn't keeping him happy, when the organization can trade him if they are not happy.

OKC was going nowhere and they got a ransom for PG. Nobody cared about the Pels and suddenly they are a team of interest. I don't see the problem. If you run a good organization, you shouldn't have to worry about this. It seems players are putting just as much priority on ownership, teammates, and culture as they are market. Jazz just got Bojonavich. Bucks were able to keep Middleton. Pacers got Brogdon. Magic kept Vucevic. Has anybody demanded out of a good situation, besides Kawhi (who had unique circumstances)? Stars have demanded out of big markets, too. Butler asked out of Chicago. Kobe asked out of LAL.

And hell, sometimes teams probably want to trade the star but don't because fans would go nuts. The player demanding out helps with the optics so they can make that move.

I wonder when it will reach their limit and sports leagues end up pricing themselves out of business.

Sports are still the most popular form of entertainment in the United States and all four major professional leagues make a lot of money. It won’t happen anytime barring some sort of economic disaster.

Lulz.

Honestly I think it's going to work between those 2. Russ took a backseat to PG till PG broke, Harden loves Russ so I think he will be ok giving up some control.

Realistically they only have to figure it out for 24-26 MPG, both guys will have around 11-12MPG a piece to go usage crazy. FWIW Russ had the lowest usage since his 3rd year, and that's probably even jacked up a little from post ASB. Also shot 38.7% on catch and shoot 3's, by far the highest of his career, hopefully playing with James he will take more of those and less PU 3's which he is trash at.

Last edited:
Your sister drew that? That's pretty cool for real.

She's really good at watercolor. Majored in art at Tennessee and is a published children's book illustrator, and was even featured on Extreme Home Makeover. I have pretty exceptional siblings. I'm the loser, and I'm not really a loser, LOL.

Reactions: BadJerry20
She's really good at watercolor. Majored in art at Tennessee and is a published children's illustrator, and was even featured on Extreme Home Makeover. I have pretty exceptional siblings. I'm the loser, and I'm not really a loser, LOL.

Nice, but you are definitely a looser. I use to be able to draw pretty well, then I took every drug I could find for 2 years and lost that talent somewhere along the way. Lol

Reactions: n_huffhines

VN Store

Back