Tennessee picked 5th in the East by Media

I think so too, think the Bama offense will be doing less on the Air Fun-n-Gun and back to Bama style offense thus more yards to be had. Don’t think they will totally go away with the FNG but more ball control is Saban’s happy place. Think two players from the SEC end up at the Heisman ceremony.

JG & TUA book it

The Vols ahead of Vanderbilt, I'll beleive it when I see it, I won't make the mistake of taking Vandy for granted, ever again, especially after what I've seen the last 7 meetings.
The Vols 1st, must win back the State of Tennessee, then take care of business, but, beating Vandy is a MuSt!

Reactions: KBVol
I think we finish 4th...

1) Georgia
2) Missouri (ineligible anyway)
3) Florida (they will lose to Georgia, Missouri on the road and LSU on the road)
4) Tennessee
5) South Carolina (we play them at home...and their schedule is brutal and one of the rare times a team in the SEC East has it tougher in-conference than we do. They play Alabama and Texas A&M, with the Aggies being on the road. Throw in Clemson with Georgia, Florida and Missouri - on the road - and it will be tough for them to even make a bowl game.)
6) Kentucky
7) Vanderbilt

I think we finish 4th...

1) Georgia
2) Missouri (ineligible anyway)
3) Florida (they will lose to Georgia, Missouri on the road and LSU on the road)
4) Tennessee
5) South Carolina (we play them at home...and their schedule is brutal and one of the rare times a team in the SEC East has it tougher in-conference than we do. They play Alabama and Texas A&M, with the Aggies being on the road. Throw in Clemson with Georgia, Florida and Missouri - on the road - and it will be tough for them to even make a bowl game.)
6) Kentucky
7) Vanderbilt
As much as I hate it, I think Florida 1st, then Georgia and Missouri. South Carolina behind UK and maybe behind Vandy. Georgia very thin at WR and I think Fromm will struggle to get on the same page with some of the young guys. If he or Swift get hurt they will struggle. Also think SC will quit on Muschamp and it could be a Butch type train wreck.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm actually higher on Mizzou this season than Florida. I think Florida was fortunate to be as successful as they were last year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a slight step back. Felipe Franks is not that impressive and I don't think Perine is deserving of pre-season 2nd team. They've already lost a few of their recruits and had players transfer. Overall, I think they were fortunate last season and had some games go their way early (like against us) that got the ball rolling for them. They aren't in Georgia's level and I ultimately think Pruitt will pass them up in two years from now simply from a development perspective.

Mizzou on the other hand are returning some key players all over their team. I think they may have lost a key wide receiver and QB last year, but not much. They have a 1st team TE. I think Roundtree is a much better runningback then Perine. Pair up Roundtree with a mobile QB like Bryant and they could have a deadly option attack. Kind of like when we had Dobbs and Kamara.

Also, maybe I just don't like Florida and want to see them fail.

As much as I hate it, I think Florida 1st, then Georgia and Missouri. South Carolina behind UK and maybe behind Vandy. Georgia very thin at WR and I think Fromm will struggle to get on the same page with some of the young guys. If he or Swift get hurt they will struggle. Also think SC will quit on Muschamp and it could be a Butch type train wreck.
Muschamp has been known to lose teams in the past that get off to a slow start... I know what his record against Tennessee is, but this looks like a good year to be playing them (and it's at home). South Carolina has the toughest schedule I've ever seen and we play them right in the middle of a gauntlet. They could very easily play the top 3 teams in the country this year.

How is it bulletin board material? We have an atrocious SEC record the last 12 years or so.

We'll be lucky to finish above 5th.
It really shouldn't take any luck to finish ahead of South Carolina, Kentucky and Vanderbilt - just a decent team that shows some fight. The last 12 years or so, have nothing to do with this year's results.

The only thing TN needs to strive for is staying consistent. I think last year after beating AU/KY we had huge let downs and that's common for a 1st year coach's regime. If we go to a bowl and are really competitive in our games I think that's progress. We also need own November again. Can we beat GA/Bama? No. Can we beat FL? It's possible. We killed ourselves in last years game. Can we beat everyone else on our schedule? Yes. Will we? That's part of the fun, right? We might not have an elite team right now but we do have an elite fan base. Pruitt said it best in that it'll take everyone getting behind this program to get it back to respectability. We all know too that he's told recruits that last year would be his worst season. I sincerely believe he's right and this is going to be a much better team overall.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I may be in the minority here, but I'm actually higher on Mizzou this season than Florida. I think Florida was fortunate to be as successful as they were last year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a slight step back. Felipe Franks is not that impressive and I don't think Perine is deserving of pre-season 2nd team. They've already lost a few of their recruits and had players transfer. Overall, I think they were fortunate last season and had some games go their way early (like against us) that got the ball rolling for them. They aren't in Georgia's level and I ultimately think Pruitt will pass them up in two years from now simply from a development perspective.

Mizzou on the other hand are returning some key players all over their team. I think they may have lost a key wide receiver and QB last year, but not much. They have a 1st team TE. I think Roundtree is a much better runningback then Perine. Pair up Roundtree with a mobile QB like Bryant and they could have a deadly option attack. Kind of like when we had Dobbs and Kamara.

Also, maybe I just don't like Florida and want to see them fail.

I'm not higher on Mizzou than the Gators, but many on here are not giving them near enough credit. I think they are 3rd in the division, with a gap between them and 4th.

4th on back is a toss up IMO.

Reactions: KBVol
ESPN. I want to see the faces of these reporters when the season is over. We will be a much better team this Fall.
I do too, we just aren't assured of much. I think we've got 3 games we'll almost certainly win, 3 we're probably going to lose, and 6 that could go either way. Odds are we'll win 3 of those. Can we beat the odds and win 4 of 6 or even 5 of 6? Maybe.

I watched the spring games of all of our SEC opponents and Bama and Georgia athletically appeared virtually indistinguishable and not surprisingly the class of the group. Florida was next, noticeably below Bama/UGA, noticeably ahead of the other teams, then I thought Sakerlina, Missy State and us (no order) looked like the next group with the last group of Mizzou, Kentucky and Vandy (no order) bringing up the rear.

I'm not underestimating Mizzou or Vandy's ability to put together a team that can throttle us by November though ever again until we prove we own them once more. I think Mizzou probably finishes ahead of us in the standings just due to the fact their schedule is so weak (4 non conference cream puffs and Ole Piss and Arky from the West). They could realistically be undefeated at the beginning of November without being any good.

Reactions: WxVol
I’m not sure how this is bulletin board material. Looks fairly accurate to me.
I was thinking the same thing...Until we can beat Vandy and Mizzou which we haven't done in a very long time which is absolutely pathetic then we don't deserve to be ranked higher than what we are...If anything we might be over ranked.

Reactions: KBVol and CA_Vol

VN Store

Back