The Golf Thread

I've made two 11's in tournaments........but never a 14;)
Everybody that's played tournament golf knows that feeling when you have to walk back to the tee because a ball is lost or OB.

Can you imagine after Duval realized he had played the wrong ball? He had to go back the entire length of the hole and re-tee laying 8 on a part 5?!?

Everybody that's played tournament golf knows that feeling when you have to walk back to the tee because a ball is lost or OB.

Can you imagine after Duval realized he had played the wrong ball? He had to go back the entire length of the hole and re-tee laying 8 on a part 5?!?
I didn't know that he played the wrong ball. I wondered how he made a 14. Also, I'm not familiar with the hole, so I figured he must have hit a few o.b.

I didn't know that he played the wrong ball. I wondered how he made a 14. Also, I'm not familiar with the hole, so I figured he must have hit a few o.b.
hit 2 provisional balls. "found" 1. hit a couple shots and realized it wasn't his. Penalty for hitting wrong ball, and had to go back to the tee.

I've made two 11's in tournaments........but never a 14;)
I was always a mid-70's golfer, and one day I bogeyed the 1st hole, and made a 10 on the 2nd ( a par 4). So, I'm sitting at 7 over, and basically looking at shooting in the 80's. I made my goal after those 2 holes to break 80, and I shot 78. I was happy at the end of the day with a 7 over par 78.

I also remember making a 10 on a par 3. Hit 3 in a row o.b. left in a strong right to left wind, and then played something close to a shank for my 7th shot to keep it in bounds. O.B. was real close to the left edge of the green and the ground was hard as a rock. Not a great setup for someone who draws it .

Reactions: peaygolf

VN Store

Back