NCAA Uniform Thread

Iowa coming out with an all gold uniform

D-GfBdGWsAAvMRq.jpg
Don’t hate it

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
It worked for Oregon, for a brief period of time, and no one else.

I hate the word "tradition"..... (reason has to do with my daughters in-laws... they were "starting" a NEW tradition EVERY year....LOL) So going down the "in-laws" definition of tradition, one could say Oregon has a "tradition" of having a very wide variety of uniform combos. Therefore, Oregon's uniforms are traditional... LOL

I hate the word "tradition"..... (reason has to do with my daughters in-laws... they were "starting" a NEW tradition EVERY year....LOL) So going down the "in-laws" definition of tradition, one could say Oregon has a "tradition" of having a very wide variety of uniform combos. Therefore, Oregon's uniforms are traditional... LOL

Do you guys still print your schedule and color code with the unis you are going to wear for that week? I seem to remember to you guys doing that in the past. I think some NFL teams are doing that now too.

Do you guys still print your schedule and color code with the unis you are going to wear for that week? I seem to remember to you guys doing that in the past. I think some NFL teams are doing that now too.

We did it recently on Twitter...word is we’re wearing 1966 throwbacks for homecoming against Auburn.

330vdd5.jpg

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I like that Mullen is fond of our traditional look, with an orange jersey mixed in for a cupcake, and the big game all blues for FSU.

McElwain had us looking like a different team every week.

Not a fan of our white helmets. Those can go away like yesterday.

I like that Mullen is fond of our traditional look, with an orange jersey mixed in for a cupcake, and the big game all blues for FSU.

Those white helments UF wore during our game in 16 were awesome.

Those white helments UF wore during our game in 16 were awesome.

Disagree...the white helmet fad is played and boring, and we lose just about every big game we play in them (Bama 09, FSU 15 & 17, UT 16, Michigan 17, UGA 18)

Our orange helmets are unique in the SEC.

With the exception of UGA and Bama, every SEC school has a white helmet as either its primary or alternate lid.

If we’re wearing throwbacks to when white lids were our primary helmet, that’s cool. Otherwise I’d rather not follow the crowd.

Last edited:
Disagree...the white helmet fad is played and boring, and we lose just about every big game we play in them (Bama 09, FSU 15 & 17, UT 16, Michigan 17, UGA 18)

Our orange helmets are unique in the SEC.

With the exception of UGA and Bama, every SEC school has a white helmet as either its primary or alternate lid.

If we’re wearing throwbacks to when white lids were our primary helmet, that’s cool. Otherwise I’d rather not follow the crowd.
The only thing I liked about Urban was that you guys always wore blue pants for your rivalry games. I wish we would do that with our orange pants .

The only thing I liked about Urban was that you guys always wore blue pants for your rivalry games. I wish we would do that with our orange pants .

Urban hated the orange pants, especially after Bama crushed us in ‘05.

For the most part from 2005-07 you’re right, we wore blue pants for big games. In 08 he mixed in the all whites against UGA, FSU and Oklahoma with all blues against Miami, LSU, South Carolina and Bama.

I do like this one......
D248016C-DA59-4469-A5E5-360467E29274.png

I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure that is the "tradition" at Oregon

The white helmet with the throwback "F" was sweet.
untitled.png

Weren't the orange jerseys standard fare back in the day when Lindsay Scott (UGA) turned a short screen pass into a 75 yard walk off game winning upset TD.

Took it from the right side, across the middle, and down the left sideline, I believe. And relatively untouched.

Florida in a stand-up five, they may or may not blitz, they won't... Buck back, third down on the eight. In trouble! Got a block behind him... Gonna throw on the run—complete on the 25. To the 30, Lindsay Scott 35, 40, Lindsay Scott 45, 50, 45, 40—Run, Lindsay!--25, 20, 15, 10, 5, Lindsay Scott! Lindsay Scott! Lindsay Scott!! As only Larry Munson could do it. Yep kept GA's 1980 perfect season alive.

Last edited:
Charlie Pell had us looking like Clemson in the late 70s and 80s.

Thankfully Spurrier brought back the blue jerseys in 1990.

And while that clip of Lindsay Scott is painful to watch, it’s refreshing to know UGA’s greatest football highlight ever is approaching 40 years old.

Touche. But, such a great highlight indeed. That was in my youth, and my dad being a UGA employee, I was really into that game. That was before Gault went from my HS to UT, and my grandad (lived in Knoxville) started saving me articles of him in the News-Sentinel. 8th/9th grade began my orange conversion and I've been hooked ever since.

I'll never know why UF insists on wearing that ugly ass orange helmet. The white ones are much better looking. At least go blue or something. Anything but that ugly orange. And the worst part is "Gators" written out. Put a logo on the dang helmet, not a freaking 'word'. Lol

Just saw the Florida 1962 Gator Bowl Helmets vs Penn State. I’m sure that’s something that’s a piece of Gator history that people would prefer to be rewritten.

VN Store

Back