NCAA Uniform Thread

I dunno what it is, but powder blue vs Carolina blue is infinitely different in collegiate uniforms. One color looks fantastic, one is the worst uniform in sports.

The exception to powder blues: baseball. I love the game. I watch it more than any other sport. The blue unis look horrible in baseball. The Cards, Phillies, Brewers, Expos, and especially those pin striped Cub uniforms were all AWFUL. The Royals weren’t great, but they were acceptable (side note, the Royals were only acceptable because I associate Bo Jackson wearing them, and Bo Jackson could do no wrong on the baseball field.)

One of the greatest Unis in the history of baseball.

images

I dunno what it is, but powder blue vs Carolina blue is infinitely different in collegiate uniforms. One color looks fantastic, one is the worst uniform in sports.

The exception to powder blues: baseball. I love the game. I watch it more than any other sport. The blue unis look horrible in baseball. The Cards, Phillies, Brewers, Expos, and especially those pin striped Cub uniforms were all AWFUL. The Royals weren’t great, but they were acceptable (side note, the Royals were only acceptable because I associate Bo Jackson wearing them, and Bo Jackson could do no wrong on the baseball field.)

Powder blue with gold is a great look.

Vandy’s Black pinstripes in baseball are epic. It’s like at first look they’re a train wreck, but with each up follow up view they slowly become more and more glorious

Reactions: 508mikey
"Classic" and "traditional" are usually euphemisms for "looks good." Alabama is a rare exception. The crimson helmets in particular are dull - the crimson jersey looks OK. It really isn't because of a hatred of Alabama - I also hate the New York Yankees but have always thought their unis looked great.

@RDU VOL#14 will hate this comment, but also uni incorporating powder blue looks great. UNC, UCLA, the powder blue LA Chargers unis, etc.

I don’t mind when ole miss mixes in the powder blue actually. I think the chargers with the powder blues are pretty sweet.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Vandy’s Black pinstripes in baseball are epic. It’s like at first look they’re a train wreck, but with each up follow up view they slowly become more and more glorious

Yeah I’m a fan too.

UCF had a similar look for basketball, and it was solid.

was in 5th grade that year -- Sox were my grandpas fav team and Yankees were my dads, so we went to quite a few Sox games when we lived up there
So you're 53(ish). I always took you for a younger poster lol.

VN Store

Back