Someone posted on Facebook that TOS is saying Aubrey Solomon doubtful

Didn't he play at Michigan last season? If so, his waiver would have come a year before the Fields-Martell situation.
His waiver was due to sanctions against Ole Miss tho...same reason Van Jefferson ended up in Gainesville.

The NCAA does what is best for their pocketbooks. Right now, that's keeping Bama and OSU happy in football. That's why they turned a blind eye to what Duke, UNC, Kansas, Arizona, UCLA, Louisville, UConn, Syracuse, etc. were doing in basketball but throwing the book at Cleveland State....
Martell wanted to go to Miami though (most certainly not an institution the NCAA will bend over backwards to help) and the NCAA approved that.

I think what the NCAA is showing in how they handle these transfers is that if you were a hyped recruit playing a skill position (specifically QB) and there's a good chance you'd start immediately, they'll approve it. Also doesn't hurt if you're lawyered up.

there's nothing actually legitimate in this thread saying it's been denied, right? lol.
No, but it is curious how the waiver requests for hyped recruits playing QB (Fields, Martell) go through quickly while other guys are still sitting there waiting.

I'd be stunned if Solomon, Gibbs, or any non-QB on any team gets a waiver request approved. I have no idea what Solomon or Gibbs's mitigating circumstance is; at least Martell could say his head coach retired, and Fields cited the racial slur (we all know why that isn't why he's actually transferring, but it would have been a real bad look for the NCAA to have said no to him). I think it's also worth noting both of those guys had lawyers.

It is absolutely BS that every transfer doesn't get to play if the Miami QB Martell gets to. He blatantly said that he was transferring because of not getting to play. I don't know how any transfer that doesn't get approved doesn't sue and use him as the example to why they should get to play. Ridiculous!

Seriously?

Lots of people of faith praise god even when things don’t go their way. Pretty common actually.
The only following of tweets I do is when they get posted here. Is it pretty common for college football players to tweet something like that if things aren't going there way? I don't know, that's why I asked, smartass.

The only following of tweets I do is when they get posted here. Is it pretty common for college football players to tweet something like that if things aren't going there way? I don't know, that's why I asked, smartass.
No, it's not common. Usually, if it's bad news, they say something like "trust in God".
But ra is right that it could be good news on just about anything.
Being on a fb site, we just automatically link everything to fb.

Reactions: Behr
No, it's not common. Usually, if it's bad news, they say something like "trust in God".
But ra is right that it could be good news on just about anything.
Being on a fb site, we just automatically link everything to fb.

I understand it could be anything, like something positive,? lol.

Anyway, he was being a smartass and I was curious. Hey, He made Slices thread, so there ya go.

I understand it could be anything, like something positive,? lol.

Anyway, he was being a smartass and I was curious. Hey, He made Slices thread, so there ya go.
I think you're correct, no doubt in my mind it's positive. Might be over sneakers he wanted but still, positive.

I think you're correct, no doubt in my mind it's positive. Might be over sneakers he wanted but still, positive.

Haha, I could be wrong but I thought the tweet had an orange emoji. Am I confused with another tweet?

Well that is vital information that we must have or this whole discussion will have been a waste of time.
Haha, nah, I was just trying to back you on the wording. "Is good" is usually good news, "gotta believe in" etc.. usually a struggle.

Guess an orange would mean UT related, just don't know if it's waiver related. Plus, I just wait till it's confirmed.

Unless he's 1 of the pride filled guys that always includes the orange. Tell me I get to play at UT and I'm sticking an orange on err'thing.😅

VN Store

Back