Burns enters transfer portal

We'll see how far the Vols dip this season.

With a very good coach you shouldn't expect a large dip.

Barnes has a ceiling on what he can achieve. His history illustrates this.

One hopes his bottom is not too low. He had a losing record (16-18) at Texas in his 15th season.

He's never achieved a 70% winning percentage as a head coach.

Overall average 65.5%
Texas 69.1%

Last two seasons: 79.167%

Yea, all five or six of them. Half of them would be gone from their incessant rants if he didn't get the raise. Another two or three still have a crush on Bruce and can't get over it. A couple just can't be happy about anything and, despite their loud protestations to the contrary, are clearly not Vol fans. The last few are most likely trolls who enjoy poking the bear for fun.

Blackshear was never a sure thing to UT. Frankly, I really don't understand why he dumped his teammates at VT or his elevated status in the ACC. Burns' crash is a player issue, not a coach or program issue. Barnes cannot control the choices of his recruiting targets or his players. He's a teacher not a magician.

I don't get why this is so hard for people to understand.

One hopes his bottom is not too low. He had a losing record (16-18) at Texas in his 15th season.

Overall average 65.5%
Texas 69.1%
In year 5 at Louisville Rick Pitino went from Final 4 to missing the tournament.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92

Overall average 65.5%
Texas 69.1%

That year was his only losing record at Texas...and when he left Texas, he had doubled the number of NCAAT appearances in their history (16 of 32). He has all the records at Texas for wins in one year, a two year period, three year period, four year period, and ten year period. He had 13 consecutive years with at least 20 wins.

Who is a fanatic person?
1. enthusiast, zealot, bigot, hothead, militant. Fanatic, zealot, militant, devotee refer topersons showing more than ordinary support for, adherence to, or interest in a cause, point of view, or activity. ... Fanatic further implies unbalanced or obsessive behavior: a wild-eyed fanatic.
Point well taken.

Yea, all five or six of them. Half of them would be gone from their incessant rants if he didn't get the raise. Another two or three still have a crush on Bruce and can't get over it. A couple just can't be happy about anything and, despite their loud protestations to the contrary, are clearly not Vol fans. The last few are most likely trolls who enjoy poking the bear for fun.

Blackshear was never a sure thing to UT. Frankly, I really don't understand why he dumped his teammates at VT or his elevated status in the ACC. Burns' crash is a player issue, not a coach or program issue. Barnes cannot control the choices of his recruiting targets or his players. He's a teacher not a magician.

The reason nearly every UT game is televised, the reason 3 Vols got drafted in a 2 round draft (and a 4th is getting UDFA looks), and the reason TBA is back to being full (indicating extremely wide spread fan support) is nearly entirely attributable to Barnes being UT's coach. He's not perfect and he certainly has made some PR mistakes during the off-season. But he recruited and developed the team, dominated the schedule, and has made UT basketball relevant again. I'm glad he's here and I'm looking forward to watching the next edition play. That's not sunshine pumping, that's just where I and most other Vol basketball fans are right now.
Ooh, the old question fandom card has been played.

It will be interesting to see where Burns ends up and I have never seen a UT player that entered the transfer portal that never saw playing time at Tennessee.

I’m just really shocked that Walker was pushed out knowing the issues we had with Burns.

This is a very fair question. As much as it would make me wrong it does add creditability to the reports of Kent looking good late spring. I still don’t think he can ever help us but I really hope for the teams sake I am wrong

Walker and Burns would sure help next year.

How can you be so sure of that when we all watched Walker's playing time drop significantly as the season went on (to the point where he barely ever played at the end) while also being certain that none of our posts have improved and would be better (even though none of us have firsthand info of that)?

Interesting, didn't people call Basilio full of sh!t for eluding to Burns being out the last few weeks
Even a blind hog finds an acorn every once and a while. Basilio is a freaking clown. Throws crap on wall and when one finally sticks he's the man!!!

Ooh, the old question fandom card has been played.

Nope. No offense intended to you. I hope none taken. You aren't in my third category of negative posters, i.e. truly non-fan trolls. I've read your posts, understand your points and certainly respect your positions. I don't agree with most of your Barnes focused criticism, but I don't think you are trolling just to make the board react. I do believe a few folks do that.

I hope you are having a great July 4th weekend!

Nope. No offense intended to you. I hope none taken. You aren't in my third category of negative posters, i.e. truly non-fan trolls. I've read your posts, understand your points and certainly respect your positions. I don't agree with most of your Barnes focused criticism, but I don't think you are trolling just to make the board react. I do believe a few folks do that.

I hope you are having a great July 4th weekend!
Well, thanks!! You as well

Reactions: Lurker

Overall average 65.5%
Texas 69.1%
In 32 seasons he is at 75% Making it to the tournament though. Way over that at Texas.

VN Store

Back