Burns enters transfer portal

Typical "UT" luck. Give a dude $5 mill a year for a sweet 16 flameout and we are back to square one in less than a year.

We STILL have NEVER had a true 5 with skill play for a CRB coached team here. It's ridiculous.

We are... "UT".
Tennessee wins 22 games next season. Hate to rain on your pity party.

There's not a whole lot positive that can realistically be said at this point.

Gonna be a long season.

At least Reverend Rick's gonna be paid well for his effort but the truth is this is on him for putting us in this position.

He put this roster together.

Exactly...I mean how dare Barnes do so well at player development that 2 guys left early for the NBA...lol

And what exactly about Barnes recruiting and developing high-character, young men has you so bothered that you call him "Reverend"?? Weak sauce

We won’t get one minute from the 2018 class. Not from a freshman or grad transfer. How is that a success?
Wasn't Burns it? This is basketball... it's really not that big a deal depending on the makeup of your roster. You look like you are trying to make it sound worse than what it really is.

Tennessee has a 5 star combo guard on the way this season and a 5 star wing committed for 2020 (Corey Walker, who picked Tennessee over Florida, Florida State, Clemson, Michigan and Louisville). We also have a good shot at 4 star Keon Johnson in the 2020 class. Is the sky really falling on Tennessee basketball? I don't think so, but to read some of these posts...

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
We should be pumping sunshine and say everything is going as planned?
Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you're pumping sunshine. I know I don't. I admit this offseason has been far from ideal. I believe Barnes has made mistakes. What I DON'T believe is that this roster is a piece of trash or that Barnes somehow now has to be infallible because he's making close to $5 million a year.

If Plavsic is eligible, I'm 99% sure, Pember redshirts.

The 4/5 will be an unknown no matter who UT rolls into the season with. Plavsic and Kent are total unknowns as far as being counted on in the SEC wars. Fulkerson has shown energy, but can he become a guy we can count on as a starter night in and night out? Can we be physical enough in the paint with these guys? 16-20 wins would be my guess.

And Pember certainly needs a RS much like Gaines. Both might end up being recruited over and in the transfer portal by the time they're physically ready to contribute though.

The 4/5 will be an unknown no matter who UT rolls into the season with. Plavsic and Kent are total unknowns as far as being counted on in the SEC wars. Fulkerson has shown energy, but can he become a guy we can count on as a starter night in and night out? Can we be physical enough in the paint with these guys? 16-20 wins would be my guess.

And Pember certainly needs a RS much like Gaines. Both might end up being recruited over and in the transfer portal by the time they're physically ready to contribute though.
I really believe Gaines is going to be a damn good SEC player in a couple/3 years. He needs a redshirt, but I bet he plays some minutes this year

The Barnes haters are in full force.

Yea, all five or six of them. Half of them would be gone from their incessant rants if he didn't get the raise. Another two or three still have a crush on Bruce and can't get over it. A couple just can't be happy about anything and, despite their loud protestations to the contrary, are clearly not Vol fans. The last few are most likely trolls who enjoy poking the bear for fun.

Blackshear was never a sure thing to UT. Frankly, I really don't understand why he dumped his teammates at VT or his elevated status in the ACC. Burns' crash is a player issue, not a coach or program issue. Barnes cannot control the choices of his recruiting targets or his players. He's a teacher not a magician.

The reason nearly every UT game is televised, the reason 3 Vols got drafted in a 2 round draft (and a 4th is getting UDFA looks), and the reason TBA is back to being full (indicating extremely wide spread fan support) is nearly entirely attributable to Barnes being UT's coach. He's not perfect and he certainly has made some PR mistakes during the off-season. But he recruited and developed the team, dominated the schedule, and has made UT basketball relevant again. I'm glad he's here and I'm looking forward to watching the next edition play. That's not sunshine pumping, that's just where I and most other Vol basketball fans are right now.

Don't count Gaines out. He is going to turn some heads. Especially on the defensive end .

We'll see how far the Vols dip this season.

With a very good coach you shouldn't expect a large dip.

Barnes has a ceiling on what he can achieve. His history illustrates this.

One hopes his bottom is not too low. He had a losing record (16-18) at Texas in his 15th season.

He's never achieved a 70% winning percentage as a head coach.

Overall average 65.5%
Texas 69.1%

Why would any coach want to put up with the idiotic miserable minority of fans here. They are few in number, but scream at the top of their collective lungs at anything they don't like. Why would anyone want to live that lifestyle?

Why would any coach want to put up with the idiotic miserable minority of fans here. They are few in number, but scream at the top of their collective lungs at anything they don't like. Why would anyone want to live that lifestyle?
All fanbases have them. Some are happier living on the DARK side. We're not all the same. And you'll see the pathetic 'I was wrong.' threads after the season ends.

All fanbases have them. Some are happier living on the DARK side. We're not all the same. And you'll see the pathetic 'I was wrong.' threads after the season ends.
I will never understand fans who are completely unable to relax and find something to like about the team they are supposedly "fanatic" about. "Fanatic" actually means someone who is unquestioningly loyal to something. The MM crowd definitely missed the unquestioning part of the equation.

I will never understand fans who are completely unable to relax and find something to like about the team they are supposedly "fanatic" about. "Fanatic" actually means someone who is unquestioningly loyal to something. The MM crowd definitely missed the unquestioning part of the equation.
Who is a fanatic person?
1. enthusiast, zealot, bigot, hothead, militant. Fanatic, zealot, militant, devotee refer topersons showing more than ordinary support for, adherence to, or interest in a cause, point of view, or activity. ... Fanatic further implies unbalanced or obsessive behavior: a wild-eyed fanatic.

VN Store

Back