Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll put a plug in for the Highlander. We’ve had one for about 5 years now and it has been great without giving us a bit of trouble. Get the crossbars for the roof and you can get a luggage box to put on top when you need the extra space. Good luck.

They traded down from a 4 runner for the highlander. His wife said that is all she will ever own from now on.

We love ours, it's a '15. I wasn't crazy about the Highlander's looks until the '14 style came out, thought it was really bland before that. We used to have an Odyssey and made frequent use of the third row seating hauling kids around (school pickup trade-offs), so the Highlander served that purpose. The third row isn't as roomy but it's mostly kids anyway so it's fine. The Odyssey just felt so big and bulky and the Highlander doesn't. We do miss the crazy cargo capacity of the Odyssey though.

Tell her youd really like to get the vehicle she didnt like, but because she wants it she can have it. Boom you get brownie points

We have a 13 Chevy Traverse....we love ours. Lots of room for the kids and gets great gas mileage. Im not big on the body style but my wife loves it. Now...the new traverses have completely changed their body style and they look awesome...but dont have that kind of money. Dont like car payments so we pay cash for all cars. Good ole Dave Ramsey....borrower is slave to the lender.

I was going back through previous Elite 11 results and came across someone I had to triple check - Tanner Mangum. He was the original starting QB for BYU last season and was in the Elite 11.....in 2012! Those crazy BYU rosters...

Going back through 20 years of E11 history...it's embarrassing how few had great college careers and many fewer had good NFL careers.

Still happy to have multiple possible UT guys in it, but absolutely no guarantees. To judge someone after a couple of years in the HS ranks (where they receive minimal good coaching and little S&C, film sessions, etc), as compared to just a few years at the college level with coaches that are actually worth a dime, it just doesn't mean a whole lot.

It's equally as important that we now have a real QB coach, plus an OC with high-level QB coaching experience.

Reactions: Sleegro
Currently have a Subaru Forester but have been looking. Recently rented a Highlander and I wasn’t impressed. Not bad, just not great for almost 40k. Last year I rented a GMC Acadia and loved it. Drove great, very nice interior had great tech and has 6 not a 4 banger. Just don’t know if I can ever buy American again after having all Japanese for the past 30+ years.

Not calling anyone out, but have you guys ever noticed that Dave Ramsay people are kinda like vegans in that they have to tell everyone about it?
First time I've ever mentioned him. If you don't like it...then just walk on by with out a smart ass comment.

Currently have a Subaru Forester but have been looking. Recently rented a Highlander and I wasn’t impressed. Not bad, just not great for almost 40k. Last year I rented a GMC Acadia and loved it. Drove great, very nice interior had great tech and has 6 not a 4 banger. Just don’t know if I can ever buy American again after having all Japanese for the past 30+ years.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back