'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

I mean a lot of people like the kid bc he’s five star, he’s instate, I believe he’s also affiliated with NPA, and he has several friends in our recruiting class. Hell I would love to land a five star instate player if he actually played like a five star on the field but I just haven’t seen it out of this kid.

His rating was all about his last name and the fact that the recruiting services thought he would land at bama. Saban doesn’t want him, supposedly our coaches are split on him as well.

Let's get 1 thing straight here, Grimes got his rating because he worked his ass off to get it. Not Bama, his last name, nor the NPA affiliation got him anything. The kid has been a workaholic and an animal in camps. In the system at MTJ he was more decoy than the guy. The thing is when they needed a play they knew who was going to mk it for them.
2 on the Bama situation there is no Bama doesn't want him. Yes numbers are tight but know if he wanted to go to Bama he is a take. UT coaches love his physique and build and see the potential upside in Grimes as well as how he operated within his scheme at MTJ. This situation is nowhere close to the recruitment of M. Gray like some of you're describing and making it sound. This kid can PLAY. Just watch what his dad does with him at Ravenwood

Let's get 1 thing straight here, Grimes got his rating because he worked his ass off to get it. Not Bama, his last name, nor the NPA affiliation got him anything. The kid has been a workaholic and an animal in camps. In the system at MTJ he was more decoy than the guy. The thing is when they needed a play they knew who was going to mk it for them.
2 on the Bama situation there is no Bama doesn't want him. Yes numbers are tight but know if he wanted to go to Bama he is a take. UT coaches love his physique and build and see the potential upside in Grimes as well as how he operated within his scheme at MTJ. This situation is nowhere close to the recruitment of M. Gray like some of you're describing and making it sound. This kid can PLAY. Just watch what his dad does with him at Ravenwood
de1... haven't you learned that a lot of these detractors don't know ish about football? Don't let them get you riled up man. I hope like hell that Grimes ends up in this class.

Any reason to think his waiver won't come through?

I look forward to it.

Did I miss where TSSAA says he would actually get to play for Ravenwood this season?

I’ve been working on my depth chart I do every year to keep track of things, and I’m noticing a glaring lack of edge rushers. Could definitely use a prototype like this kid. I don’t know why anybody on this board is complaining about this guy. Seems like a perfect fit for everybody.

I’ve been working on my depth chart I do every year to keep track of things, and I’m noticing a glaring lack of edge rushers. Could definitely use a prototype like this kid. I don’t know why anybody on this board is complaining about this guy. Seems like a perfect fit for everybody.
Isn't it delusions of grandeur when a 5* athlete is not worth a scholarship?

Reactions: Bobo0101
Not if you have faith in the coaching staffs evaluations. Rankings are just something us goofy recruitniks gAs about.
So then we have to choose which rumor to believe about what the coaching staff thinks about him. Well, there are still some that will trust their own evaluations of a few films they have seen.

Reactions: AaronUT
Any reason to think his waiver won't come through?

The family is relocating there is no reason the tssaa can not approve. Tennessee is the only state who has these dumb rules. But like Joejuan Williams we will have a plan should they not make an intelligent decision. Penny Hardaway did a really good thing when he took them to court and won because it lessened the power they think they have similar to what the state of California is attempting to do to the NCAA. Dad got the job family moving to the area so why should he not be eligible?

We would be stupid not to take this kid if he was trying to commit to us....this dude has all the talent and attributes to be a really good player in college. If consistency is a problem then I guarauntee this staff would change that for the better.

The family is relocating there is no reason the tssaa can not approve. Tennessee is the only state who has these dumb rules. But like Joejuan Williams we will have a plan should they not make an intelligent decision. Penny Hardaway did a really good thing when he took them to court and won because it lessened the power they think they have similar to what the state of California is attempting to do to the NCAA. Dad got the job family moving to the area so why should he not be eligible?
pretty sure California does, I remember Khalil getting stuck with it.

E9BFB774-4711-4516-AC8B-B35D666A3ABE.gif

I've telling ppl just relax and be patient. It's all coming together. We have 1 of the best group of coaches since Kiffin and crew. I remember nights of sleeping on Chaney's couch in his ofc. Those guys would literally meet 3 or 4 a.m going over Big Boards. Then would call recruits before school and texting emails and teets. It was crazy man i swear.I had aspirations of being a college coach but realized ater my son was born I'd rather be who I am LOL 😂😂😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190630-192415_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20190630-192415_Twitter.jpg
    584.7 KB · Views: 77
I've telling ppl just relax and be patient. It's all coming together. We have 1 of the best group of coaches since Kiffin and crew. I remember nights of sleeping on Chaney's couch in his ofc. Those guys would literally meet 3 or 4 a.m going over Big Boards. Then would call recruits before school and texting emails and teets. It was crazy man i swear.I had aspirations of being a college coach but realized ater my son was born I'd rather be who I am LOL 😂😂😂

Damn kids these days with their teets

Reactions: de1conley

VN Store

Back