Maryville RB Tee Hodge commits to Tennessee

I like that we have him, I do like it. BUT, the article says he's coming off a broken fibula. Why is it we seem to always recruit and get damaged goods? It just seems this has been true on a yearly basis for a while now. I hope we don't end up with another player who retires from football for health issues. Not to put the kid down, and a broken leg heals quickly for such a young and robust fellow. It just seems we have a trend for this kind of thing.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I like that we have him, I do like it. BUT, the article says he's coming off a broken fibula. Why is it we seem to always recruit and get damaged goods? It just seems this has been true on a yearly basis for a while now. I hope we don't end up with another player who retires from football for health issues. Not to put the kid down, and a broken leg heals quickly for such a young and robust fellow. It just seems we have a trend for this kind of thing.

Think of him as "Certified Refurbished"!

Yeah, Tebow was never the same after he broke his fibula in H.S. Florida just got lucky he wasn’t a dud after the injury and should never have signed him.

Yeah, Tebow was never the same after he broke his fibula in H.S. Florida just got lucky he wasn’t a dud after the injury and should never have signed him.

As I said: Not to put the kid down, and a broken leg heals quickly for such a young and robust fellow.

The point was we seem to repeatedly recruit and get players who come with some form of physical damage. With the spat of players retiring for medical reasons lately, of course, I view the damaged good issue with concern.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
"THAT'S IT, COVER HIM UP IN ORANGE!!!" Best coaching show of his day IMO, was fun to watch Majors react for half an hour.
Especially when he was hungover 😵 or still a little bit drunk. Johnny was special and you could tell that Ward (who always remained a true professional) was never quite sure how to react to Johnny. Good times.

Reactions: RollerVol
Freak...please add a thumbs down/do not like button. This is a very nice get. He was recruited by Harrison Bailey and he is a home grown guy we want. Big back with speed. I despise trollers.

It’s a message board. He expressed an opinion you don’t like and so you’re whining to Freak. Get over yourself

Is the leg why his stats were kinda pedestrian for P5 recruit? I don't know that UT is cursed like you say. But, I read he had 12TDs and 750yds or so. Pretty impressive, but not for this level. He must have missed a lot I'm assuming. Anyone know the story?

Disclaimer: It's a simple Q. I don't have any + or - opinion of recruit. Just learning. His size and speed sound exactly like the Pruitt prototype.

Yeah I can see the UGA coaches telling their players....."Sweep the leg! Sweep the leg! :cool:

Are we really at this point where we want 3 star RB bc we currently cant seem to get 4 and 5 star players? I mean I'm all for it but thinking 3 star guys are the the best is what got us in this situation that we are currently in for the last 15years or more

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex10
Are we really at this point where we want 3 star RB bc we currently cant seem to get 4 and 5 star players? I mean I'm all for it but thinking 3 star guys are the the best is what got us in this situation that we are currently in for the last 15years or more

Absolutely not.
Presently speaking we have
7-4*
4-3*
1-2*(long snapper, not a strike against us)
A few of those 4*'s committed in the past week.

So no. We're definitely not at that point.
We wanted him for the same reason Bama & 20 other schools offered him. Because he's local and we're trying to lockdown the state. Because physically he fits Pruitt's prototype preference......

Finally, he's a prime candidate to end up rated 4*'s by the time it's all said and done.

We have way less commitments than most schools in the top 25 recruit rankings. I'll be sorely disappointed if we finish our class out with 10 more 3*'s because we have to settle. I think we have a relative low amount of commits because Pruitt's doing the exact opposite of settling.

Last edited:
I love how people say you should talk to Pruitt and this guy is gonna go up in ratings blah blah blah. Yet they have just as much experience recruiting as me but seem to think their opinion is more valuable lol

I love how people say you should talk to Pruitt and this guy is gonna go up in ratings blah blah blah. Yet they have just as much experience recruiting as me but seem to think their opinion is more valuable lol

It's funny you think you're opinion is more valuable than others' and the staffs and you're laughing at their stupidity.

It's funny you think you're opinion is more valuable than others' and the staffs and you're laughing at their stupidity.
It's funny you think you know why CJP recruited him. Lol so what's your experience doing this kinda work?

VN Store

Back