Maryville RB Tee Hodge commits to Tennessee

Nice offer list from SEC, ACC, BIG10 schools. Really nice size. Could be a RB or possibly a LB.
Feel like those offers were empty offers/fall back from the bigger schools. So if say Bama didn't get the higher rated RB they wanted then they still had an offer extended to him.

Snippet from VolQuest:

SCOUTING REPORT
“Tee is a perfect combination of size and speed. He’s got a great pairing of those two traits. He’s a hard worker and one of those kids you have to run out of the weight room. He’ll be a great player. The numbers speak for themselves. He’s (gained) the weight and hasn’t gotten any slower in our times. In fact, he’s gotten a little faster. He’s gotten bigger and maintained his speed, and probably gotten a little quicker. With this size now, his durability will be better. He has high expectations for himself. He’s added really good weight.”
Although some schools were recruiting Hodge as a versatile athlete, capable of playing tailback or linebacker, Tennessee has long viewed Hodge as its answer to a bigger tailback. With a downhill, one-cut system, Hodge should fit right in with Jim Chaney’s split-zone run game.

giphy.gif

Feel like those offers were empty offers/fall back from the bigger schools. So if say Bama didn't get the higher rated RB they wanted then they still had an offer extended to him.
The wonderful thing about the Internet is that any jackass can get on and randomly post this kind of wildly speculative idiocy.

Freak...please add a thumbs down/do not like button. This is a very nice get. He was recruited by Harrison Bailey and he is a home grown guy we want. Big back with speed. I despise trollers.

Who knows if he turns from a three star piece of sand into a rough diamond or not.
I will say this, if there’s a question in mind, I do like the idea of local kids.
I know there can be a little backlash if they don’t pan out and don’t play much.
But, if they go to a competing school and ball out like Cobb at UK, the backlash is much worse.
Plus, on the optimistic side, successful high profile local kids puts more fannies in the seats.
And UT could certainly use that right now.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

VN Store

Back