'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

No, I don't think Tennessee decided to take 2 QBs when Chaney walked in the door. I think HB was told HE was the QB they needed to build the program, but they were going to take another. He said that. He has also insinuated since JC took over and went after King that as long as that is still the case then he will be a Vol. If King commits then it will be because he believes he will be allowed to compete for the starting position, and he believes that Chaney thinks he has a shot. If Harrison also believes that it is even he will stay. If he doesn't believe that he will have a shot he will not. If King commits it may be because he believes that Chaney really thinks he is better not so much that he is not scared. It is not simply a black and white situation even though message board and media reports will try to make it out to be.

That’s what you want to see out of quarterbacks, confidence from the get go.

Bailey had a fantastic day dropping perfect passes throughout the camp, putting it right on receivers with pace when needed and taking something off when that was the right call as well. No quarterback had the consistency that the Tennessee commit showed throughout the day although it should be noted that all the quarterbacks were impressive. Bailey is noticeably lighter than he was around this time last season but his arm strength is still there and his ability to put the ball right where it needs to be nearly every time really stood out.
-Rivals

That’s what you want to see out of quarterbacks, confidence from the get go.
HB doesn't lack confidence in his abilities. Surely you don't think that confidence is all it takes to win a job if the coaches already have decided who they prefer. Fields had plenty of confidence. So it's got to be in the back of HB's mind what Fields said happened to him at GA with Kirby and Chaney. I wouldn't waste my college years on coaches that didn't have confidence in me especially if I had plenty of confidence in myself.

There’s no bad choice in landing either; they’re both elite. Personally, I would prefer to have bailey because at this point their on-field skills seem mostly a wash. Bailey has been on board is our A1 student-athlete recruiter with personal, friendly ties to what? A dozen targets we’re after? Losing him in the summer just feels like a bad look after the effort he’s put in. And I don’t know if it’s my personal twitter algorithm, but I don’t hear **** about King except on this board. I’ll take the guy that’s got an elite arm and has been obnoxiously repping the T for 6 months now, and I’ll be damned happy about it.

There’s no bad choice in landing either; they’re both elite. Personally, I would prefer to have bailey because at this point their on-field skills seem mostly a wash. Bailey has been on board is our A1 student-athlete recruiter with personal, friendly ties to what? A dozen targets we’re after? Losing him in the summer just feels like a bad look after the effort he’s put in. And I don’t know if it’s my personal twitter algorithm, but I don’t hear **** about King except on this board. I’ll take the guy that’s got an elite arm and has been obnoxiously repping the T for 6 months now, and I’ll be damned happy about it.
I’m with ya, Baileys awesome and been doing work on the trail. Glad he’s a Vol. But I still want King.

If JG has a good year, he’s leaving early. One of Shrout or Maurer will likely transfer. We need two bigtime QBs this class.

I’m with ya, Baileys awesome and been doing work on the trail. Glad he’s a Vol. But I still want King.

If JG has a good year, he’s leaving early. One of Shrout or Maurer will likely transfer. We need two bigtime QBs this class.

I feel like in this age of college football, to have two elite quarterbacks is to have maaayyyybbbeee one quarterback. Two just don’t stay anymore. I feel like we’re wayyy lucky to have HB and are tempting the fates pushing for King so hard. Would obviously love to be wrong about all that, but my BVS won’t let me stop worrying.

I feel like in this age of college football, to have two elite quarterbacks is to have maaayyyybbbeee one quarterback. Two just don’t stay anymore. I feel like we’re wayyy lucky to have HB and are tempting the fates pushing for King so hard. Would obviously love to be wrong about all that, but my BVS won’t let me stop worrying.
Top programs have multiple star QBs on their rosters. They bring in at least one every year to stay on top. Pruitt’s building a top program and we’re playing catch-up in the QB room.

i am with you on this issue.

Top programs have multiple star QBs on their rosters. They bring in at least one every year to stay on top. Pruitt’s building a top program and we’re playing catch-up in the QB room.

I hear that, but I just don’t feel confident in the execution, as much as I wish it would happen. I don’t think we can command two top-tier QBs in a class until we’re winning 10+ games each year. But, maybe I’m wrong.

Guess this means Geaux hasn’t heard anything on his side regarding King.

Nah, nothing on King. Was trying to figure out if he’s even on twitter a few minutes ago.

I hear that, but I just don’t feel confident in the execution, as much as I wish it would happen. I don’t think we can command two top-tier QBs in a class until we’re winning 10+ games each year. But, maybe I’m wrong.

Nah, nothing on King. Was trying to figure out if he’s even on twitter a few minutes ago.
@haynes_king10

Reactions: Geaux_Vols
I'm going to trust the coaches that they can keep both in this class. I'm sure they wouldn't risk losing Bailey if they didn't know for sure that he was good with adding a second QB.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

I think I'm with you on this.

It reminds me of Kevin Sumlin at Texas A&M with two 5-star quarterbacks, one a future Heisman trophy winner and the #1 overall pick in the draft, and loses both guys to transfers, ends up without a quarterback, and loses his job.

It may not be a popular position on a fan board but in a situation like this I’m going to side with the recruit. The kids need to do what is in their best interest. Jalen Hurts will likely start for OU this year, Fields for Ohio State, and Bryant for Missouri. There’s also a good likelihood that Stevens starts for Mississippi State. Jacob Eason is expected to start for Washington and according to one NFL scout could be a top 2 pick in the 2020 draft.

A situation like this can be perilous for the coach and school that pursues it. Not only did Georgia lose Fields last year but they lost their 3rd string guy too. He transferred to TCU. Smart ended up getting a very raw borderline 4-star 2019 recruit to flip from Ohio State in exchange for Fields and they signed a low 3-star from JUCO. The thinking among some at Dawgnation is that if Fromm goes down this year their season is toast.

So Georgia was able to hold onto Eason after Richt was pushed out and Smart’s team came on board. They were able to sign Fromm the following year and Fields the year after that. For all I know Fromm is the better QB for Georgia’s offense but their QB room was left in shambles. The kids have to do what is in their best interest because coaches don’t really care about them on a personal level. I mean hey if things don’t work out the coaches get a golden parachute so where’s the risk? jmo.

This competition that people talk about for a position that typically doesn’t have a rotation means somebody has to lose. I don’t think Bailey or King either need to put themselves in that predicament. There are enough opportunities at P5 schools that either could probably be starting early wherever they choose to go. jmo.

VN Store

Back