'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Due respect, what else would he say? He’s not going to say he is butthurt over it. He isn’t taking that down of all things just bc he is bored. But, he’s just a typical QB of today, don’t think he’s a baby as someone said, the QB wants to be THE guy. Bold move by Pruitt, I’ll say that. Surely he told Bailey beforehand, if not, then you have trouble. Bailey is the biggest recruiter for the class and you don’t want to do anything to slow that down.

I think he just reacted like most kids do today, Pruitt just needs to get him on campus to smooth it over.
Biggest recruiter of the class🤔...he hasn’t recruited anyone

Biggest recruiter of the class🤔...he hasn’t recruited anyone
meh. he's doing a fantastic job of peer recruiting. that no one has committed isn't an indication of what he's actually continuing to do......................the commits come later. but you listen to the guys that HB is talking to....then you'll know....

Thats sort of the elephant in the room so to speak. If the staff didnt at least let him know they were lookng at more QBs until Haynes popped up then. Yes its a huge mistake. But if Bailey knew there was the possibility of another QB being recruited and is acting like a diva, then thats a bad look for him.

I think this situation is just a case of overreacting and misinterpretation of social media.
No way that I believe he didn't know we might take another QB.
Worst case, he wasn't expecting another "face of the program" level talent.
A really good one, sure.. but like butchna mentioned, it's more common to have 1 "face" these days.

Thats sort of the elephant in the room so to speak. If the staff didnt at least let him know they were lookng at more QBs until Haynes popped up then. Yes its a huge mistake. But if Bailey knew there was the possibility of another QB being recruited and is acting like a diva, then thats a bad look for him.

I think this situation is just a case of overreacting and misinterpretation of social media.
Let me state this as ONLY a hypothetical.

Could TN be the one cooling on Bailey? I do know Chaney wasn’t big on him at UGA and basically didn’t recruit him. I don’t know much about King, but just looked at his film, I can see why he is so highly rated and he can definitely play in this conference. That also opens up Tx recruiting and really national recruiting. King is on OV next weekend, think it will come to a head then either way.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
No way that I believe he didn't know we might take another QB.
Worst case, he wasn't expecting another "face of the program" level talent.
A really good one, sure.. but like butchna mentioned, it's more common to have 1 "face" these days.
agreed.

but it's not like we haven't seen programs take two top notch qb's in the same class. or in back to back classes.

rarely has it worked out where they both stay tho. aTm, UGA, Bama, UF, OSU, Clemson......all have had issues with retaining multiple QB's that are that "type".

i've been a proponent of high caliber QB's being thoughtful in their decision making process. i don't know that id' want to go to a school where there's a 50/50 chance i might have to transfer to play. it makes no sense to me how some of those situations have played out at some of those other schools, especially when you know all of those QB's definitely have options at other high level P5 programs.

anyway...until it's a problem, i'm not gonna worry about it....but i do see all the angles on this.

Could TN be the one cooling on Bailey? I do know Chaney wasn’t big on him at UGA and basically didn’t recruit him. I don’t know much about King, but just looked at his film, I can see why he is so highly rated and he can definitely play in this conference. That also opens up Tx recruiting and really national recruiting. King is on OV next weekend, think it will come to a head then either way.
would be interesting if HB showed up on an unofficial next weekend..................................

No. This isnt happening. Bailey is all Vol and is a high school kid who wanted to switch up his Twitter page. Thats literally it, he even has an orange emoji in his header still, he is a Vol.

would be interesting if HB showed up on an unofficial next weekend..................................
tenor.gif

The good news for Bailey if he does decommit, he'll finally get that 5th star.
Will be great when he just s
trolls the recruiting sites. Drops us after King joins, gets his fifth star on a random Thursday afternoon and then boom recommit to TN!

agreed.

but it's not like we haven't seen programs take two top notch qb's in the same class. or in back to back classes.

rarely has it worked out where they both stay tho. aTm, UGA, Bama, UF, OSU, Clemson......all have had issues with retaining multiple QB's that are that "type".

i've been a proponent of high caliber QB's being thoughtful in their decision making process. i don't know that id' want to go to a school where there's a 50/50 chance i might have to transfer to play. it makes no sense to me how some of those situations have played out at some of those other schools, especially when you know all of those QB's definitely have options at other high level P5 programs.

anyway...until it's a problem, i'm not gonna worry about it....but i do see all the angles on this.
Yep, with elites, I prefer the -1 a class- method. Always attempt to have no depth concerns but also assures them they have their opportunity, even if it's only 1 or 2 seasons. Easier to deal with that issue.

I also refuse to worry unless something else presents itself. I do feel it's worth keeping an eye on though. No one KNOWS what he's thinking, despite a couple of posts claiming otherwise.

Due respect, what else would he say? He’s not going to say he is butthurt over it. He isn’t taking that down of all things just bc he is bored. But, he’s just a typical QB of today, don’t think he’s a baby as someone said, the QB wants to be THE guy. Bold move by Pruitt, I’ll say that. Surely he told Bailey beforehand, if not, then you have trouble. Bailey is the biggest recruiter for the class and you don’t want to do anything to slow that down.

I think he just reacted like most kids do today, Pruitt just needs to get him on campus to smooth it over.
Was that a legit response

meh. he's doing a fantastic job of peer recruiting. that no one has committed isn't an indication of what he's actually continuing to do......................the commits come later. but you listen to the guys that HB is talking to....then you'll know....
Meh...I guess the staff is doing a fantastic job at recruiting too, since everyone talks about us....yet no commits

i don't know that id' want to go to a school where there's a 50/50 chance i might have to transfer to play. .

But, you know, if you are wanting to play for a top tier program, you will likely have to make that decision. Maybe someone from your class or last year or next year, but you will have to beat out q very talented QB if your program is good.

We are in on a Top QB in 2021, right?

I thought I remember him saying before that they had told him they wanted to take 2. Did I dream that?

The only, and I mean only way I could see TN cooling on Bailey is IF they know for 100% fact that King is a Vol. But there is absolutely no way to know that. King is putting up some insane stats against some tough TX competition. And if he has another big year, he could jump into the top 3 QBs in the country convo. If thats the case, then maybe you cool on HB.

But thats a TON of ifs. Right now Bailey is committed and I dont think they are cooling on him. HB is poised for a big SR year. I would hate to think that would cool on Bailey with nothing more than a shot at King being a Vol this far off from ESD or NSD. Now if this were October ir November, then maybe. But in early June? Cooling on the star QB of your recruiting class who is committed on the off chance that a potential better QB might commit? Thats a HUGE gamble. Also, you have to think it might be difficult to hold onto him. Say you run HB off and King commits. Then months later, he decides to reopen his recruitment and you miss on both. I dont think CJP would make that kind of mistake.

I thought I remember him saying before that they had told him they wanted to take 2. Did I dream that?

Devo said they did. I havent been keeping up with it as much this year. He also said that HB wasnt put off by them pursuing another QB either. The thing is, King could be one of those elite, program changing QBs like HB. So while HB may have been cool with it, maybe he was just expecting TN to look for more ofva depth type of QB. And not so much of an elite guy like himself.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

Texas is never going to be a pipeline for us. Georgia always will be.

But, you know, if you are wanting to play for a top tier program, you will likely have to make that decision. Maybe someone from your class or last year or next year, but you will have to beat out q very talented QB if your program is good.

Vandergriff

Reactions: jakez4ut
Meh...I guess the staff is doing a fantastic job at recruiting too, since everyone talks about us....yet no commits

I really dont understand how anyone could really question this staffs ability to recruit. The classes they have brought in given the last couple of years is nothing short of amazing.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

that's fair, and the prospect can't control what happens after they arrive on campus.

i guess my point is, if i'm Justin Fields, and i look at the QB room at UGA, i'm scratching my head as to why he signed there. RS wasn't an option....he's either winning the job or sitting behind one of the other two 4 or 5*'s already there.

the days of waiting til you're a junior are over. especially if you're in the SAME class as the other blue chipper...........

just doesn't make a ton of sense to me. but i take your point.

Clemson is about to make him their first 2021 QB offer and put on full court press. He's visited there multiple times already. That one will be a serious fight if Chaney wants him.
Dabo has a hypnotist that goes up to those kids and say "you don't like Tennessee only the color orange. Clemson is the only orange you like"

VN Store

Back