'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

You have to take into consideration that he was committed before the new OC came in. The OC offered King the first day. If King committs and Harrison begins to think he will not be given a fair shot to win the job, he should look for another place and not be judged as being afraid of competition.
Do you think that Tennessee just decided to take 2 QBs the day Chaney walked in the door, though?

If King commits, and Bailey believes he isn’t Chaney’s choice, I won’t fault him for decommitting if he believes it’s best for him, but it won’t change my mind as to why I would rather have King. In fact, it would only further my desire. It would mean King wasn’t scared of competing with Bailey AND he was hand-picked by Chaney.

So maybe the answer isn’t that Bailey is POTENTIALLY scared. Maybe the answer is that I’m certain that King isn’t, and that’s why he’d be my preference in addition to being Chaney’s preference (allegedly). FWIW, I still think Chaney likes both guys and would love to have both, and the idea of taking 2 isn’t new or unique to him.

Do you think that Tennessee just decided to take 2 QBs the day Chaney walked in the door, though?

If King commits, and Bailey believes he isn’t Chaney’s choice, I won’t fault him for decommitting if he believes it’s best for him, but it won’t change my mind as to why I would rather have King. In fact, it would only further my desire. It would mean King wasn’t scared of competing with Bailey AND he was hand-picked by Chaney.

So maybe the answer isn’t that Bailey is POTENTIALLY scared. Maybe the answer is that I’m certain that King isn’t, and that’s why he’d be my preference in addition to being Chaney’s preference (allegedly). FWIW, I still think Chaney likes both guys and would love to have both, and the idea of taking 2 isn’t new or unique to him.
And IF King picks A&M? Yellow coward...amirite? 😉

Reactions: SweetasSoda
And IF King picks A&M? Yellow coward...amirite? 😉
I think there are a few more factors to consider in King’s decision, mainly the significantly greater distance from home. But it could be a decision based on depth chart, and that we may never know.

No, I don't think Tennessee decided to take 2 QBs when Chaney walked in the door. I think HB was told HE was the QB they needed to build the program, but they were going to take another. He said that. He has also insinuated since JC took over and went after King that as long as that is still the case then he will be a Vol. If King commits then it will be because he believes he will be allowed to compete for the starting position, and he believes that Chaney thinks he has a shot. If Harrison also believes that it is even he will stay. If he doesn't believe that he will have a shot he will not. If King commits it may be because he believes that Chaney really thinks he is better not so much that he is not scared. It is not simply a black and white situation even though message board and media reports will try to make it out to be.

VN Store

Back