~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Further down the bench:
Burns (?)
ORN
Pons
Gaines
Pember
Plavsic (?)

Because you play your best players, if positions allow, and Bowden is your best or 2nd best player.

I agree. If...IF...James starts at the point which is far from a certainty, Bowden has to be in the starting 5. If Kent and Fulkerson are your posts, we will need all the offensive punch we can get.

PG - Turner
SG - Bowden
SF (more like a Point Forward) - James
Those 3 are written in stone, imo. I'll give u all the other 2 starters when I find out if Plavsic is eligible and if Blackshear commits to UT or not

Because you play your best players, if positions allow, and Bowden is your best or 2nd best player.

It's also a valid strategy to bring in an experienced, versatile, skilled player after the early flow has been established and evaluated. Just being in for the opening tip doesn't mean the 6th man doesn't get substantial minutes. Kyle Alexander seemed to only play around 20 mpg but started about every game last season.

It's also a valid strategy to bring in an experienced, versatile, skilled player after the early flow has been established and evaluated. Just being in for the opening tip doesn't mean the 6th man doesn't get substantial minutes. Kyle Alexander seemed to only play around 20 mpg but started about every game last season.
Again, barring injury Bowden will be a starter, not even a discussion.

There you go again. You have a lot of SeniorDrill in you.

Because I’m saying that is a crazy stance? So if I was to say that imo the earth is flat, because it’s “imo” nobody can tell me how/why it’s foolish?

I get what you’re saying, but it’s still wrong, if you don’t believe me watch and see...or ask the other posters, I doubt you’ll find many who agree.

Reactions: walkenvol
Because I’m saying that is a crazy stance? So if I was to say that imo the earth is flat, because it’s “imo” nobody can tell me how/why it’s foolish?

I get what you’re saying, but it’s still wrong, if you don’t believe me watch and see...or ask the other posters, I doubt you’ll find many who agree.

The thread argument is silly because the starting 5 will be fluid. The most experienced players most likely start in the early season with an exception or 2 for individuals that really step up or dominate in the off season. The starting five 1 or 2 months into the season will look different than on day 1. There's not enough separation between players 2 or 3 through 10 this year (unless James amazes).

It's possible that Johnson gains a ton of confidence by starting. He may not be nearly as effective coming off of the bench. With Bowden's experience he is more suited for entering as adjustments are implemented. Johnson might do better with a known plan that's been worked on for several days. Bowden can be put in when it's not clear where he's needed until the game has begun and can easily adapt.

Bowden maybe isn't nearly as dependable as we hope. When the attention of the defense and game plans shift from Grant Williams to the perimeter, it's kind if an unknown how he'll respond. Bowden could disappear at times. He has in the past. He hasn't shown to be the most consistent performer, although he has expanded what he does. Early on about all he was good for was to catch and shoot 3s. Early last year he was the backup PG, but he really didn't fill that role real well. Turner, another natural 2 guard, worked out better as Bones' backup. Of course it could have just evolved like that since Turner missed so much time until well into the season and Bowden was no longer needed as a PG once Turner was back on the floor. Bowden has improved significantly year over year over year, but I don't know yet if he can be depended on to be the go to threat.

Also, if the perimeter starts out a game playing poorly, there's not necessarily a lot to go to if Turner and Bowden are already on the floor. This board goes into caniption fits when time outs aren't used to disrupt bad trends. Bringing Bowden off of the bench would be more effective.

Bowden makes a better 6th man than Turner because he can be plugged into more spots. I like having somebody that potentially brings instant offense off the bench.

Don't confuse 6th best player with 6th man. There's not an award given out for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th man of the year. Don't confuse starting with getting the most minutes.

Okay Mister Drill.
Stop trolling......if BTO was acting like SeniorDrill then he would be saying some walk on should be starting every game. Bowden was a starter his freshman and sophomore years and will be a starter next season too and might be our leading scorer.

Stop trolling......if BTO was acting like SeniorDrill then he would be saying some walk on should be starting every game. Bowden was a starter his freshman and sophomore years and will be a starter next season too and might be our leading scorer.

Listen. Learn what trolling is.

VN Store

Back