'20 TN WR AJ Davis

Hurd bulked up and lost his burst. Even getting back to under 230 to play WR, he never got back the burst he had as a junior in high school. He was under 210 during that time.
When he got to Tennessee as a 215-220 lb running back he looked like a 4.6-4.7 guy, BEFORE he bulked up. AT NO POINT in his freshman year, after a spring and summer of collegiate strength and conditioning, was he even close to sniffing a 4.37, unless all those linebackers who were chasing him down and eliminating angles in the secondary were running 4.1s.

It really is amazing to me how many times guys/fans buy this stuff, that kids are running legit 4.3s and 4.4s in HighSchool, only to see those same kids run 4.5s and 4.6s at their pro days or at the combine, 4-5 years later, after 4-5 years of elite strength and conditioning training in college.

Reactions: bluetick2
When he got to Tennessee as a 215-220 lb running back he looked like a 4.6-4.7 guy, BEFORE he bulked up. AT NO POINT in his freshman year, after a spring and summer of collegiate strength and conditioning, was he even close to sniffing a 4.37, unless all those linebackers who were chasing him down and eliminating angles in the secondary were running 4.1s.

It really is amazing to me how many times guys/fans buy this stuff, that kids are running legit 4.3s and 4.4s in HighSchool, only to see those same kids run 4.5s and 4.6s at their pro days or at the combine, 4-5 years later, after 4-5 years of elite strength and conditioning training in college.

Davis ran a 4.36 laser timed. I saw it.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol

My son played with him at Beech so I saw his high school 40 times. He ran consistent low 4.4's. So the time he ran at Ohio State's camp was not that far fetched.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
Davis' grandfather is the best player to ever come out of Blount County, no exceptions. After high school he signed with Tennessee but I think grades might've kept him out so he went to Tennessee State and played running back with the Philadelphia Eagles after his college career concluded. Davis' dad was a heck of a running back at Alcoa during his high school days as well. The kid comes by his athleticism honestly.

AJ Davis will be a darn good wide receiver for Tennessee:cool: Jeremy Pruitt and his coaching staff have a damn good eye for talent:cool:

Hurd bulked up and lost his burst. Even getting back to under 230 to play WR, he never got back the burst he had as a junior in high school. He was under 210 during that time.
Hurd never ran a sub 4.4 40, ever. Period.

AJ Davis will be a darn good wide receiver for Tennessee:cool: Jeremy Pruitt and his coaching staff have a damn good eye for talent:cool:

Kids like this you hope have good enough grades to earn an academic scholarship to replace an athletic scholarship they passed up elsewhere. As a PWO he will get all or most of the other benefits of being on the team besides money.

VN Store

Back