'20 TN WR AJ Davis

Davis visited Tennessee last month for Tennessee’s Rocky Top BBQ as he continues to be evaluated by Jeremy Pruitt and company.

“It’s the coaches and the atmosphere here,” Davis said recounting his trip. “It’s just UT and it feels like home. I had a great time and I enjoyed getting to spend time there.”

Davis holds a power five offer from Indiana and has several other solid options. His teammate Tee Hodge was offered by the Vols back in June. He continues to grind and is hoping and dreaming he will one day wear the orange and white.

“I sure hope so,” Davis said. “I’m just praying to God they will take a chance on me and I promise I won’t let them down. Words can’t describe what that would mean.”
“They like the way I catch the ball and make moves in space,” Davis said. “Coach (David) YAC Johnson has been giving me notes and tools to improve even more.”

Davis is also learning to blossom in other areas. The normally reserved junior is stepping up his vocal game as Maryville looks for back to back state championships.

“I have improved on being a leader,” Davis said. “Last year we had a good senior class but I’m having to step up and lead by example for the younger guys.”
Rivals.com ranks Davis as a 3-star wide receiver in the class of 2020.
-- Price

Tennessee need to really look at AJ Davis he's a big play waiting to happen and would be a good addition to the Tennessee football team. AJ Davis said in a Knoxville News Sentinel article about Maryville's win over Oakland last night that he was talking to Tennessee.

Reactions: T Dog
Tennessee need to really look at AJ Davis he's a big play waiting to happen and would be a good addition to the Tennessee football team. AJ Davis said in a Knoxville News Sentinel article about Maryville's win over Oakland last night that he was talking to Tennessee.

Much more explosive WRs south of Tennessee that what to play with Big Orange

From the adidas East Coast 7-on-7 Invitational in Miami:
Davis was virtually uncoverable for opposing defenses and he and Team Hard Knox advanced all the way to the tournament semifinals, upsetting plenty of squads along the way. Davis is built like a running back, and might remind some of former Knoxville-area native Amari Rodgers, and he certainly played like Rodgers at time on Saturday. Indiana, Purdue and Mississippi State are among Davis' early offers.
-Rivals

He’s a National recruit?

Right now he's a composite .836 or so. The way he played at that 7 on 7 with a lot of exposure I expect he'll jump up more toward the high 3 star range. Considering we're not in on a ton of WRs this cycle I think we should def look at him. I like his teammate Hodge too.

Laser timed 40 yesterday: 4.36. Zoom zoom.
giphy.gif

VN Store

Back