Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what it's based on. The schedule is designed to minimize the risk for the lender. Essentially, early in the schedule, you pay a higher percentage of the interest that will be owed over the term of the agreement. Therefore, you derive very low equity in the early part of the term.

I mean, that is all correct. But it isn't really designed differently for a mortgage per se, that is just how interest works on most any type of standard loan product. It just doesn't feel as bad on, say, a 5 year auto loan since the term is much shorter. You would pay the same in interest the first month on a 250k 30 yr mortgage as you would a 250k 5 yr auto loan (very small calculation differences may exist).

I heard they even used to have 100 year mortgages. Imagine that lol. On a 250k loan at 5%, your payment would be $1,049 and $7 would go toward principal from your first payment! Now that would be depressing!

Watching the MSU-Vandy baseball game, and Rocker’s son is pitching. They keep showing Tracy Rocker in the stands, talk about him repeatedly, mentioned he was on a recruiting trip when his son threw a shutout, but it’s like they’ve been told to not say he’s a coach at Tennessee.
I'm surprised they didn't say deadbeat dad and Tennessee Football assistant coach Tracy Rocker, is here to watch his son pitch after being publically shamed for thinking that spending time with recruits was more important than watching his son pitch.

Asheville is beautiful. Have you gotten your hands on any Bateman’s Sourwood Honey? It’s local to you, very rare, and hard to find.

Update - spoke to someone there by phone. None available right now, first of August should be the first availability. Says it's not in any stores right now, but should be at the farmer's market here around that time.

Might have to remind me, but I'll definitely seek it out.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Anyone watched the 2000s on Netflix? I always like these nostalgic decade shows by CNN.

But watching the part about 9/11 is still so shizzy. Makes me wanna go punch somebody. Waffle House in 30 minutes...bring it

Speaking of PFF - I just emailed them in regards to their Football Analyst position. I'm pretty sure it's dang near volunteer work, but thought it would be interesting to do for pleasure and increase my football knowledge. I believe it also allows you to gain access to their vast network of data which would be saweeeet.

What’s the interest rate on the loan? Pure, unadulterated economics dictates that the next dollar should be invested if that investment provides a yield greater than the interest rate on the loan. Unless you’re overly leveraged, of course. In which case it’s time to evaluate how you approach personal finance.

The 2 times I took out unsubsidized federal loans it was 5.5-6.75%. I believe undergrad, subsidized loans were even 4.5 or 5%. Tax-deductible. So we're talking closer to 3.5-4% then. High-equity portfolios should easily outpace. But some are dogmatic in their anti-debt militarism, to their own detriment. Dave is fine, but his overly simplistic methods aren't financially optimal. Just psychologically comfortable. That said, they are still superior to the way most handle their finances, so he's far better than no advice at all.

This would be on the cheap...
CC-27-013-800.jpg

Karl's van from Workaholics?

there's some weirdness in the forum today.

I received this email in my trash folder today:

"Greetings, honey! I desire to meet a interesting mate and I’m 25 YO. Would you like to know how many play things it's possible to put inside my butt? Or maybe perhaps you will want to help me a bit in this? Reply me faster, my body should have a fiery fingers and hands! My pictures and personal contacts are in my profile!"

I received this email in my trash folder today:

"Greetings, honey! I desire to meet a interesting mate and I’m 25 YO. Would you like to know how many play things it's possible to put inside my butt? Or maybe perhaps you will want to help me a bit in this? Reply me faster, my body should have a fiery fingers and hands! My pictures and personal contacts are in my profile!"
Are you gonna respond to Catbone or no?

Speaking of PFF - I just emailed them in regards to their Football Analyst position. I'm pretty sure it's dang near volunteer work, but thought it would be interesting to do for pleasure and increase my football knowledge. I believe it also allows you to gain access to their vast network of data which would be saweeeet.

Watch your back, Chatt

Fulmer spoke to the BOT today. One interesting note I found was when he stated "UT Football has a ways to go. We signed 5 guys last year that everyone wanted, however we need to recruit again and get 10 guys everyone wanted."

So who is number 5?

Obvious choices:

1) Wanya Morris
2) Darnell Wright
3) Quavaris Crouch
4) Henry To'oto'o
5) ??????

Keyton, McCollough, Gray are our next highest rated recruits...

The 2 times I took out unsubsidized federal loans it was 5.5-6.75%. I believe undergrad, subsidized loans were even 4.5 or 5%. Tax-deductible. So we're talking closer to 3.5-4% then. High-equity portfolios should easily outpace. But some are dogmatic in their anti-debt militarism, to their own detriment. Dave is fine, but his overly simplistic methods aren't financially optimal. Just psychologically comfortable. That said, they are still superior to the way most handle their finances, so he's far better than no advice at all.

The tax deductable nature of student loans is a little odd because it fazes out quickly above a certain income level. I did the math once and the best you could do was to save 600ish bucks on your taxes.

I don't know about Dave in general, but there are certainly liquidity advantages to paying off debt vs. feeding an IRA or 401k. If I get fired, it is probably worse to take out retirement funds to pay debt because of tax penalties vs. making an extra 1.5% a year over just paying off the loan from the start. And you shouldn't be investing in anything other than a tax advantaged mutual fund retirement account until you are paying 23kish per person to max out your 401k and IRA (which is very few people regardless of income).

Fulmer spoke to the BOT today. One interesting note I found was when he stated "UT Football has a ways to go. We signed 5 guys last year that everyone wanted, however we need to recruit again and get 10 guys everyone wanted."

So who is number 5?

Obvious choices:

1) Wanya Morris
2) Darnell Wright
3) Quavaris Crouch
4) Henry To'oto'o
5) ??????

Chaney

So who is number 5?

Obvious choices:

1) Wanya Morris
2) Darnell Wright
3) Quavaris Crouch
4) Henry To'oto'o
5) ??????

McCullough was a take by just about anybody.

Anyone watched the 2000s on Netflix? I always like these nostalgic decade shows by CNN.

But watching the part about 9/11 is still so shizzy. Makes me wanna go punch somebody. Waffle House in 30 minutes...bring it

Omg islamaphobe much???

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back