VOLS w a lot of momentum on the recruiting trail right now...

Pruitt has the recruiters in place. We just need to win and show we’re headed in the right direction. This year is the make or break year for Pruitt imo.

I think this year will be similar to last year, unfortunately. Still think we are 3 years away from winning 9 or 10 games and challenging for the East.

I don't think a break year. But a yuge year for momentum and that translate to a boost in recruiting.
I don’t think it’s make or break in terms of him losing his job but if he wants to be successful in recruiting he has to win next year. Honestly our abysmal end to the season, losing to Missouri and Vandy then not having a drafted player, is the only thing that has held this staff back on the recruiting trail.

I just keep getting older and Vols Football, has sucked for over a decade, Damn looks like I need start drinking again ...……………..GO VOLS

I hate this mentality. I've seen us win a national title, including an amazing run from '94-2004, and the 2015 and 2016 seasons still delivered some of the best moments of my fanhood. I enjoyed the hell out of the gator, outback, and music city bowl wins. We did not suck in 2016 or 2017. We had some bad coaching and a bad break or two, which kept us from 10-12 win campaigns. In 2016 I think Dobbs accounted for like 12 less yards than Peyton's best season at UT. Those teams were ridiculously entertaining.

Last edited:
I hate this mentality. I've seen us win a national title, including an amazing run from '94-2004, and the 2015 and 2016 seasons still delivered some of the best moments of my fanhood. I enjoyed the hell out of the gator, outback, and music city bowl wins. We did not suck in 2016 or 2017. We had some bad coaching and a bad break or two, which kept us from 10-12 win campaigns. In 2016 I think Dobbs passed for like 12 less yards than Peyton's best season at UT. Those teams were ridiculously entertaining.

Josh Dobbs, Cat Killer. He murdered KY.

Pruitt is a lot like Dabo, much more genuine and likable than Saban and Kirby smart. It Is going to be a process but he can bring Tennessee back to greatness. We have to be patient even though it is difficult after the Butch Jones debacle.

Josh Dobbs saved Butch’s job even though he played the Worley Bird over him for most of a season.

Everyone has passed us by in the East. It's going to be a slow climb.

Just getting 6 wins this year would be a outstanding coaching job. Anyone shooting for more than that is delusional.

Have you even looked at the schedule? 7 wins is very attainable 8 wouldn’t surprise me. This is the easiest schedule we’ve had in the last decade, I think we get atleast 7 and get a considerable bump recruiting wise.

I think Coach Pruitt's teams will do this in the next 5 seasons

2019 8-9 wins
2020 9 wins
2021 9-10 wins
2022 9-10 wins
2023 9-10 wins

Coach Pruitt will be Tennessee head coach for a long time because Phil Fulmer will not fire a head football coach who wins 8-10 games a season.

Reactions: FlyFishnVol
I hate this mentality. I've seen us win a national title, including an amazing run from '94-2004, and the 2015 and 2016 seasons still delivered some of the best moments of my fanhood. I enjoyed the hell out of the gator, outback, and music city bowl wins. We did not suck in 2016 or 2017. We had some bad coaching and a bad break or two, which kept us from 10-12 win campaigns. In 2016 I think Dobbs passed for like 12 less yards than Peyton's best season at UT. Those teams were ridiculously entertaining.
Losing eight games for the first time in the hundred-plus-year history of the program is by definition sucking; not much way to spin that otherwise. And if you think that 2016 team remotely compared to Peyton's best teams, go back and look at what level of bowls those teams played in and compare that to the Music City Bowl, which at one point in time would have been viewed by our staff as a major insult just that that's where we ended up.

So I read the title of this thread and got excited, thinking we must be in the top five or something of the like, considering even during the Dooley and Butch years we landed some top-ten classes. Then I go over to 247 and see we're ranked...

27?

And there are UT fans that think that's good?

We're ranked behind the likes of Northwestern, Georgia Tech, and Wake Forest. That is not good by any standard remotely related to football at the University of Tennessee.

VN Store

Back