VOLS w a lot of momentum on the recruiting trail right now...

I wanna know where Bo's Gap is. Literally.

I agree totally. Being a little shy and or nervous doesn't equal "no personality".

I think it's up I-81 on the way to Kingsport.

With the way sound-bites work and everybody getting offended so easily I'd be cautious of what I said to the media as a 1st year HC, too.

I get the impression that Pruitt is extremely uncomfortable talking in front of crowds and especially in front of a camera. He has gotten better at it, and I am sure he will continue to get better at it. I doubt it is the same for the young men he coaches or he is recruiting. He likely has a lot of personality that we do not get to see because we do not associate with him day in, day out. Saban, on the other hand, is just a grumpy gus.

I wanna know where Bo's Gap is. Literally.

I agree totally. Being a little shy and or nervous doesn't equal "no personality".

It's "Bull's Gap" and it's where Volunteer Speedway is at exit 23 on I-81. Another great Tennessee tradition, dirt track racing!

Reactions: rockytop989
ROTFL

You think the guy who has dominated SEC recruiting and record is seen as a fake and phony by recruits?

The word was Pruitt lost the team at end of the year. Word is he acknowledges the his and has made some changes.

Pruitt is genuinely lacking personality. No problem if he succeeds.
You are so FOS , he is absolutely full of genuine personality and is a great D coach. Why do you think he is such a great recruiter ? Ignorant posts like yours that you REPEATEDLY post give the entire fan base a bad name. OR the actual truth , you are an Alabama/ uga troll.

Reactions: RollerVol and Remy
Pruitt is a lot like Dabo, much more genuine and likable than Saban and Kirby smart. It Is going to be a process but he can bring Tennessee back to greatness. We have to be patient even though it is difficult after the Butch Jones debacle.
Pruitt couldn't be further from psycho Old Testament Dabo.

I'm glad to hear he isn't a religious zealot but my point is he much more likable than Saban and Kirby smart and once we get some momentum going we will out recruit both of them.

Reactions: RollerVol
I get the impression that Pruitt is extremely uncomfortable talking in front of crowds and especially in front of a camera. He has gotten better at it, and I am sure he will continue to get better at it. I doubt it is the same for the young men he coaches or he is recruiting. He likely has a lot of personality that we do not get to see because we do not associate with him day in, day out. Saban, on the other hand, is just a grumpy gus.
According to recruits, Pruitt is "killer, gangster, my Eminem - wants all the bad people, wants me to put a lineman in Saban's lap"
@Behr, I think you'll like.

According to recruits, Pruitt is "killer, gangster, my Eminem - wants all the bad people, wants me to put a lineman in Saban's lap"
@Behr, I think you'll like.

I did. The line about putting a lineman in Sabans lap was nice!

**NB4 ..he needs to worry about beating Vandy before he worries about Saban.

I'm sure he knows what he needs to do about Vandy but when talking to recruits, I'd rather him put more emphasis on Alabama and Georgia than Vanderbilt.

That shouldn't even have to be said.

I did. The line about putting a lineman in Sabans lap was nice!

**NB4 ..he needs to worry about beating Vandy before he worries about Saban.

I'm sure he knows what he needs to do about Vandy but when talking to recruits, I'd rather him put more emphasis on Alabama and Georgia than Vanderbilt.

That shouldn't even have to be said.
Heck, I liked the immediate look as soon as Pruitt's name was mentioned, been seeing that a lot.
Of course it has to happen on the field but confidence and belief don't seem to be factors.

The Saban line will be one of my favorites for a while.

Reactions: tbh and Behr
Heck, I liked the immediate look as soon as Pruitt's name was mentioned, been seeing that a lot.
Of course it has to happen on the field but confidence and belief don't seem to be factors.

The Saban line will be one of my favorites for a while.

Agreed.

I guess after watching that, my humble opinion is anyone claiming that Pruitt genuinely lacks personality, is talking out they rectum.

I just checked out 247 composite rankings. Presently we're ranked at 24th, which doesn't mean much as we have a lower amount (11) of commits than most schools ranked in the top 25. Most schools ranked in the top 25 have 15-20 commits.

As it stands we're showing (247 composite)
7 - 4*
3 - 3*
1 - 2*(long snapper)

Assuming we maintain that star ratio with the rest of our commits we probably end up with the 7th - 9th ranked class.

Can we keep that momentum and sign another 7 4* recruits and have a solid top 10 class?

Any chance we lock down a couple of 5* recruits and actually challenge for a top 5 class?

What's our worst case scenario if we have a 6-6/5-7 season and lose our recruiting momentum?

Agreed.

I guess after watching that, my humble opinion is anyone claiming that Pruitt genuinely lacks personality, is talking out they rectum.
tenor-7.gif

Also, want to clarify my another commit today, guess. We've been told by someone, that would know for certain, that we have 2 more on the way.
"Today", is my complete guess based in nothing more than seems as good a day as any 😄

Reactions: Behr
View attachment 210397

Also, want to clarify my another commit today, guess. We've been told by someone, that would know for certain, that we have 2 more on the way.
"Today", is my complete guess based in nothing more than seems as good a day as any 😄

I had a little idea that's what you meant. I saw something about that mentioned somewhere. I don't follow recruiting, but I do visit the RF a couple of times a week and read/scan the top 7 or 8 threads. I also think it was mentions in one of tbe recruit threads in the FF too. Idk, I just know it rings a bell.

It seems the staff and even some of the recruits are all doing some work. It sure feels like we're making significant improvement everywhere... Except on the field, and hopefully we see it there soon!

Reactions: chargervol

VN Store

Back