2020 Target List

Compare Powell's offer list to Pember and Gains. Huge difference.
I count 4 football schools (AU, Tennessee, Va Tech, and Georgia), 2 wannabes (Vandy and GTech), and then Cincinnati and Xavier. Hardly a who's who of CBB offers. Half of those schools have new head coaches, so who knows if those are still committable offers.

I get what you are saying, but it isn't really relevant to the point, which is that coaches recruit kids they want in their program. There are several possible reasons that guys like Pember, Gaines, and Powell are ranked so low. I can only imagine the blowback if this kid had committed to Tennessee, today. You know it would be a feeding frenzy in here.

I count 4 football schools (AU, Tennessee, Va Tech, and Georgia), 2 wannabes (Vandy and GTech), and then Cincinnati and Xavier. Hardly a who's who of CBB offers. Half of those schools have new head coaches, so who knows if those are still committable offers.

I get what you are saying, but it isn't really relevant to the point, which is that coaches recruit kids they want in their program. There are several possible reasons that guys like Pember, Gaines, and Powell are ranked so low. I can only imagine the blowback if this kid had committed to Tennessee, today. You know it would be a feeding frenzy in here.

That's why offer lists outweigh number of stars...... IMO. No one should complain about Powell, but you're right, there would be some.

have been putting this together over the past couple months and didn’t plan to post until next spring but given the rule changes allowing juniors to now OV and the fact Tennessee seems done for the 2019 (at least for now) figured I would go ahead with it.

These are the guys currently with offers, as things stand right now tennessee will have room to sign at least 4 (Bone, Turner, Bowden, Williams). All rankings are per Rivals, if no Rivals ranking then will use 247 national ranking indicated by *:

#6 Greg Brown
#8 N’Faly Dante
#11 Jaden Springer
#14 Jalen Suggs
#15 Sharife Cooper
#18 Walker Kessler
#21 Corey Walker Jr.- committed
#33 Keon Johnson
#38 Caleb Love
#40 Dain Dainja
#48 Jayden Stone
#58 Bryce Thompson
#59 Josh Hall
#60* Samson Ruzhentsev
#63 Micah Peavy
#67 PJ Hall
#84 Justin Lewis
#91 Justice Ajogbor
#110 Matthew Murrell
#115 Keon Ambrose
#137* Elijah Taylor
#147* Dylan Cardwell

NR Justice Ajogbor
NR Jordan Wilmore
NR Akeem Odusipe
NR Norrance Berry

#7 Greg Brown
#9 N’faly Dante
#12 Jaden Springer
#15 Sharife Cooper
#16 Jalen Suggs
#18 Bryce Thompson
#19 Walker Kessler
#24 Corey Walker Jr.
#25 Josh Hall
#32 Caleb Love
#34 Keon Johnson
#36 Micah Peavy
#45 Dain Dainja
#46 Matthew Murrell
#60 Jayden Stone
#66 PJ Hall
#72 Samson Ruzhentsev
#97 Justin Lewis
#109 Keon Ambrose-Hylton
#114 Dylan Cardwell
#140 Akeem Odusipe

NR Elijah Taylor
NE Norrance Berry
NR Jordan Wilmore

Last edited:
Reactions: sport3500
As for the “main targets”...

#12 Jaden Springer
#18 Bryce Thompson
#19 Walker Kessler
#24 Corey Walker Jr.
#25 Josh Hall
#32 Caleb Love
#34 Keon Johnson
#46 Matthew Murrell
#60 Jayden Stone
#66 PJ Hall
#72 Samson Ruzhentsev
#97 Justin Lewis
#109 Keon Ambrose-Hylton
#114 Dylan Cardwell

Crazy how many big time players TN is in on for this class

It makes me wonder what vibe the coaches are getting from some based on some of the players we've taken so far this class. It also makes me wonder who might be out next season to make room.

have been putting this together over the past couple months and didn’t plan to post until next spring but given the rule changes allowing juniors to now OV and the fact Tennessee seems done for the 2019 (at least for now) figured I would go ahead with it.

These are the guys currently with offers, as things stand right now Tennessee see will have room to sign at least 4 (Bone, Turner, Bowden, Williams). All rankings are per Rivals, if no Rivals ranking then will use 247 national ranking indicated by *...

#7 Greg Brown
#9 N’faly Dante
#12 Jaden Springer
#15 Sharife Cooper
#16 Jalen Suggs
#18 Bryce Thompson
#19 Walker Kessler
#24 Corey Walker Jr.
#25 Josh Hall
#32 Caleb Love
#34 Keon Johnson
#36 Micah Peavy
#45 Dain Dainja
#46 Matthew Murrell
#60 Jayden Stone
#66 PJ Hall
#72 Samson Ruzhentsev
#97 Justin Lewis
#109 Keon Ambrose-Hylton
#114 Dylan Cardwell
#140 Akeem Odusipe

NR Elijah Taylor
NE Norrance Berry
NR Jordan Wilmore

Per VQ, who is at the NBAPA camp currently going on...

-Keon Johnson is firm on his Top 3, had an outstanding opening night and some think he’s ranked too low, could see a bump in next update. Behind the scenes people are Virginia are quietly conceding this one to the Vols, not a done deal but they aren’t optimistic.

-PJ Hall is there, was asked if recent OV’s to Florida and Clemson are an indication of his interest, pretty much said he wanted to visit Tennessee but his family got messed up on junior OV rule. Seems like a Tennessee/Florida battle, his sister plays volleyball at Florida and his dad is from Kingsport, so interesting dynamic there.

-Dylan Cardwell is really a big fan of Tennessee and Barnes, only OV he took as a junior was to Tennessee...not sure that he’s a take as of today but the staff is actively pursuing him and keeping themselves in a good spot.

-Cam Hayes seems like a certainty to reclassify into the 2020 class, Tennessee has been in that one for a very long time and is thought to be in a good spot. UNC has yet to offer and if they do that could change some things, but right now they haven’t and Tennessee is right at the top.

Whoa whoa whoa...you mean to tell me that his majesty, Bruce Pearl, lord of recruiting, took a commitment from the #228th ranked kid, a 3* 6-5 white kid from Podunk, KY, in early June?!?!? The guy who just coached his team in the Final Four couldn’t muster up any better player than that for his first commit in the 2020 class? 🧐

Glue. Guy.

The Nike Top 100 has become a staple of the June camp tour thanks to its ability to host some of the best rising sophomores and juniors that the nation has to provide. After three days under the Arch and with NBA scouts in attendance.The high school game has not seen anyone like Holmgren, at least for as long as I have been covering the sport. A 6-foot-11 forward with a 7-foot-3 wingspan, Holmgren is the entire package in the frontcourt. He’s a tough rim protector but agile enough to guard on the perimeter. He wields a sweet jumper and is an effortless finisher. Your eyes might be unsure of what they’re seeing but Holmgren’s place in the game is secure as he recently corralled offers from Georgetown, Ohio State and Tennessee.
-Rivals

Somebody buy that kid a bag full of Litton's cheeseburgers! And some coconut cream pie...a whole one. :)

No kidding. Kid is a bean pole. An SEC power forward would break him in two. Kid needs a ton of weight and conditioning.

As for the “main targets”...

#12 Jaden Springer
#18 Bryce Thompson
#19 Walker Kessler
#24 Corey Walker Jr.
#25 Josh Hall
#32 Caleb Love
#34 Keon Johnson
#46 Matthew Murrell
#60 Jayden Stone
#66 PJ Hall
#72 Samson Ruzhentsev
#97 Justin Lewis
#109 Keon Ambrose-Hylton
#114 Dylan Cardwell
Got to think that with so many targets we expect to sign at least 3 or 4 next year. I love Walker’s game and think Keon is a must. Pair them together on the wing for a few years and I would be happy. If they sign 3 or more than roster spots that are unknown right now will have to open up. Maybe James goes pro....possible which means we need a PG badly. Really want to sign Hall. If we sign Hall or Cardwell than one of our current 4 or 5’s won’t be with us next year. Let the competition begin and earn it on the court.

VN Store

Back