'20 TN DE/LB Tyler Baron (UT SIGNEE)

I believe there is more to like about UT now than there has been for a very long time. Just wish that more of our Tennessee studs would add to it with commitments to a strong class.

The thing is yo're viewing this as a fan, and many of these kids are viewing it as the best opportunity to get to the next level and get an NFL check. CJP has the most buzz since Lane and crew. Fans just have to be patient and know that winning cures all. Clemson and Alabama weren't the fertile recruiting grounds like they are now in the 90s, but once they started winning with Saban and Dabo things changed. This new generation love to click up and play for the best opportunity to WIN, not rebuild and hope to win. They're watching guys like Lebron form super teams to win and AAU so they think that's the way to go about things. We will get back to prominence just be patient.

The thing is yo're viewing this as a fan, and many of these kids are viewing it as the best opportunity to get to the next level and get an NFL check. CJP has the most buzz since Lane and crew. Fans just have to be patient and know that winning cures all. Clemson and Alabama weren't the fertile recruiting grounds like they are now in the 90s, but once they started winning with Saban and Dabo things changed. This new generation love to click up and play for the best opportunity to WIN, not rebuild and hope to win. They're watching guys like Lebron form super teams to win and AAU so they think that's the way to go about things. We will get back to prominence just be patient.

I do not disagree with you but its hard to ask this fan base to be patient after 21 years of being patient :)

I do not disagree with you but its hard to ask this fan base to be patient after 21 years of being patient :)
I would say I wished the season started tomorrow so we could start winning games to turn this thing around, but I think we need as much practice time as possible for these coaches to develop the talent on our team (something which was not done last coaching regime)

Reactions: volsagain
Lawrence and Baron have been trending toward Tennessee in recent months, and the Vols have continued to host the former teammates at Ensworth School in Nashville, Tenn., on visits regularly over the past few months.

Baron, who’s now in the Vols’ backyard at Knoxville Catholic High School, is the son of Patrick Abernathy, who works in player development at Tennessee. Sources have continued to indicate that the Vols are in the driver’s seat for Baron, although he has kept an open mind and continued to explore other options.

But Tennessee appears to be in good shape with him even after his official visit to Oklahoma last weekend, and no particular team has emerged as a serious threat to the Vols.

-Callahan

VN Store

Back