'20 TX QB Haynes King (TAMU Commit)

Maybe. But its not like both were unknown, not highly recruited QBs that needed tons of development. I like Cut but I dont think he is this development guru.
Eli was redshirted because he needed development and Cut is who Peyton trusted when he needed to relearn how to throw the ball after fusion surgery...sounds like development. 🤔

Peyton worked with Cut every offseason when he played for the Colts and Broncos, and Eli works with him during the offseason as well. It's widely acknowledged that Cut is good at developing QBs. Not hard to see why King would consider Duke, but UT and aTm seem to have the edge here.

Realistically if y'all had to choose to start a foundation who are you taking based off of HS film right now? Haynes King or Harrison Bailey?

Realistically if y'all had to choose to start a foundation who are you taking based off of HS film right now? Haynes King or Harrison Bailey?
King. He seems to have the it factor. Led his team to a comeback win in the state title. All while putting up insane stats and few turnovers.

Not off film because I’m no scout and both film looks good. But I roll with Bailey just because of his commitment to us thus far, his embracing his role as torch bearer etc.

Honestly don’t think you could go wrong with either.

King. He seems to have the it factor. Led his team to a comeback win in the state title. All while putting up insane stats and few turnovers.

I’ll play Devil’s advocate. Who has the better supporting cast King or HB?

Wait people are actually questioning Cut and saying he's only perceived like he is because of the Mannings?

Did you see what he did with Ainge at Tennessee? Have you seen what he's done with Duke's QBs in general, not just Daniel Jones?

Yeah I can get on board for some hot takes, but "Cut isn't that great" ain't it.

Reactions: The Dog
I guess I’d take Bailey because he is already committed, hasn’t wavered, and has put in work with fellow seniors to try and win them over to Tennessee, be it successful, or not.

If neither were committed, and you asked me, it would be a tough choice. Bailey has the prototypical size and a cannon for an arm, while I think it is fair to question King’s arm strength just a bit. It may be stronger than I am giving him credit for, but I don’t see many instances of him throwing a frozen rope 25-30 yards like I do Bailey. However, King is a coach’s son, definitely has the better wheels and mobility in and out of the pocket, and is crazy accurate despite the lack of elite arm strength. Bailey is accurate, as well.

It’s a tough choice, but a good situation to be in. I guess, gun to my head, I’d take Bailey, but not entirely confident that is the right answer.

Last edited:
Yeah I can get on board for some hot takes, but "Cut isn't that great" ain't it.
This is a straw man argument. I didn't see anybody claiming that Cut was not a good coach of QBs, only saying that he might not be coaching all that much longer due to health, and that campus not the best fit for us country boys.

This is a straw man argument. I didn't see anybody claiming that Cut was not a good coach of QBs, only saying that he might not be coaching all that much longer due to health, and that campus not the best fit for us country boys.

Cut's great. He's also not our coach. I wish him nothing but the height of success with recruits we aren't recruiting, and wish him only pleasant days when he retires to Boca.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back