'20 TN DE/LB Tyler Baron (UT SIGNEE)

He was always going to take his visits. Even with his dad on staff and his strong relationship with our coaches, we're going to be competing with top programs (and VT). Most of these schools are going to tell him he'll be competing for championships with them, but not elsewhere. That's what they do.

Baron and Lawrence were teammates at Ensworth, and Baron and Mays are teammates at Catholic. The three are good friends and have talked about how cool it would be to play together. If things had gone a little differently, I think they might have committed by now.
What things going differently?

The way the season ended. That and negative recruiting has created a wait-and-see attitude.
It was not much that could be done at the end of the season....some players quit and the other players just ran out of gas. Too one dimensional on defense.

We shouldn't have gotten blown out by vandy, period
Just because you keep saying that, does not make it so. Get over it...we were too 1 dimensional on defense. Vandy and MO were more balanced than Auburn and KY. We had no pass rush to speak of, and both could throw the ball. Our secondary could not cover for the amount of time that it took for our pass rush to get there. We were able to load the box and stop the rushing attacks of AU and KY and dare them to pass. They couldn't, so we won.

I wouldn't be surprised until he looks around and notices he is in Norman, Oklahoma.
Just talking with Tyler briefly last night. He was impressed with the visit. Not so sure how much he was impressed with the town though. “Yeah, it was nice.” Was about all he offered on it. Again my OU source did feel like OU did snag some momentum. He thinks it’s probably more of a visit high. He believe Alabama and Ohio State are the real threats to Tennessee. With OSU being the primary threat.

Just talking with Tyler briefly last night. He was impressed with the visit. Not so sure how much he was impressed with the town though. “Yeah, it was nice.” Was about all he offered on it. Again my OU source did feel like OU did snag some momentum. He thinks it’s probably more of a visit high. He believe Alabama and Ohio State are the real threats to Tennessee. With OSU being the primary threat.

The real threats are certain members of the family that are very anti-UT - according to several

Only person that could be impressed with Norman is Ray Charles.

Honestly his dad is very open as Tyler has an offer from pretty nuch everyone. The things is Tyler has always loved UT and been around campus so long it just seems like home to him. Kid will be a stud wherever he goes

I believe there is more to like about UT now than there has been for a very long time. Just wish that more of our Tennessee studs would add to it with commitments to a strong class.

VN Store

Back