'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

Is this guy going to camp here this summer? Seems like he comes in town once a month anyway.

Price says the longer this goes the "dicier" it will get. Baron/Rybka most realistic.

Baron and Rybka at SDE...Thomas and Walker at DT...that with Bailey is a pretty dang good DL class IMO...and for the record, I’m counting WDE types as LBs not DLs (i.e. Davis, Grimes, etc)

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Yeah, if there is an excuse, them not wanting to come here would be a good one lol.
It's just assumed that that makes it easy for coaches. To me it seems like it would make it harder in some cases...if you're dealing with someone like me that doesn't like to do what is expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: chargervol
Does price really have much clout anymore? He's a guesser like the rest of us anymore

I think when VQ speaks on recruits, you can put a little weight in what they say. I think when VQ speaks on what the staff wants/likes/prioritizes etc, they're speculating. I'm of the opinion that VQ mods get all their info from talking to recruits and talking to rival mods covering other teams.

VQ - outside of Jeremy Pruitt press conferences - doesn't have any any any access to the staff.

Having said that, I think Price was just speculating on Hardy. Because it is a general thought that Hardy was a shoo-in Vol. Recently though he's picked up a lot of big time offers and he's wanting to enjoy the process so yeah the longer it goes on the worse off it'll be for UT. Just more time for Hardy to fall in love with another program like OSU and UGA.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
I think when VQ speaks on recruits, you can put a little weight in what they say. I think when VQ speaks on what the staff wants/likes/prioritizes etc, they're speculating. I'm of the opinion that VQ mods get all their info from talking to recruits and talking to rival mods covering other teams.

VQ - outside of Jeremy Pruitt press conferences - doesn't have any any any access to the staff.

Having said that, I think Price was just speculating on Hardy. Because it is a general thought that Hardy was a shoo-in Vol. Recently though he's picked up a lot of big time offers and he's wanting to enjoy the process so yeah the longer it goes on the worse off it'll be for UT. Just more time for Hardy to fall in love with another program like OSU and UGA.

Brent has done this a long time. He isnt dumb. Rob, well he knows basketball. AP, well, he knows what brent tells him. I think they know a lot more than let on. If you listen and read Hubbanese well, you'll pick up on it.

Logue is in his ear, that hurts UT's chances.

Do Logue and Hardy have a relationship? I thought Logue was from the midstate and Hardy is from Chattanooga. I'm sure they met via camps, etc. But, I was just wondering if you knew they did have a relationship.

Do Logue and Hardy have a relationship? I thought Logue was from the midstate and Hardy is from Chattanooga. I'm sure they met via camps, etc. But, I was just wondering if you knew they did have a relationship.

Yes, Hardy was quoted in an earlier 247 interview that they are very good friends

VN Store

Back