ESPN says VOLS can sneek up on DAWGS

Tennessee doesnt "sneak up on" or "give them a scare". What Tennessee does do is pound people and take away their will, Tennessee makes the other opponent submit. Dont ever forget that. I'm starting to see a lot of " well if we can just keep it close", " I'll be happy with a bowl appearence". Cut it out.

Let's worry about the first game of the season and go from there shall we?

That’s the coaches and players job. Our job here at at VN is way over the top positivity or way over the top negativity dealings in speculation.

Reactions: Behr
Tennessee doesnt "sneak up on" or "give them a scare". What Tennessee does do is pound people and take away their will, Tennessee makes the other opponent submit. Dont ever forget that. I'm starting to see a lot of " well if we can just keep it close", " I'll be happy with a bowl appearence". Cut it out.

The dean of delusion speaks.

UT is closer to beating Florida than UGA imo. Outside of the turn overs last season that game was overall competitive.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Death, taxes, and UGA choking

UGA gonna UGA and choke once during the season. Might as well be against us...

People used to say “Clemsoning” until they finally broke through. It’s going to happen for UGA eventually. 2019 and 2020 they will be tremendously talented.

A Tennessee scout was reported to have said that Kirby is “down there building the Death Star”. I still think people don’t realize how loaded they really are but I’ll gladly take an upset.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
People used to say “Clemsoning” until they finally broke through. It’s going to happen for UGA eventually. 2019 and 2020 they will be tremendously talented.

A Tennessee scout was reported to have said that Kirby is “down there building the Death Star”. I still think people don’t realize how loaded they really are but I’ll gladly take an upset.

I agree at some point UGA's talent will be too much to F up, especially if Saban slips in his 70s. I still am not sold on Kirby's in-game coaching. His first year featured 3 last second choke jobs, he had 2 last minute choke jobs against Bama, and two faceplants against Ole Miss and Texas.

The UF game wasn't competitive at all. Our coaches and players weren't disciplined or prepared....
Maybe I see it differently. I know they were unprepared and it showed but the score would not have been what it was without the turn overs.

I agree at some point UGA's talent will be too much to F up, especially if Saban slips in his 70s. I still am not sold on Kirby's in-game coaching. His first year featured 3 last second choke jobs, he had 2 last minute choke jobs against Bama, and two faceplants against Ole Miss and Texas.

You have every right to question Smart's game day coaching skills. Butch Jones had a winning record against him.

Maybe I see it differently. I know they were unprepared and it showed but the score would not have been what it was without the turn overs.

From a Jimmys and Joes standpoint, there wasnt a huge talent gap between us and UF (Mullen inherited a 4 win team as well). Regarding Xs and Os, I'll be polite and say that Pruitt got a lot of on the job training that day going against a veteran SEC coach...

If we are fortunate enough to be 4-0 entering game, then we won't sneak up on them. If we are 3-1 with a tough loss to Florida or BYU then we probably still don't sneak up on Georgia.

If we are 3-1 with a blowout loss, then just maybe they overlook us.

Does Chaney still have the play books and signs for Georgia?

From a Jimmys and Joes standpoint, there wasnt a huge talent gap between us and UF (Mullen inherited a 4 win team as well). Regarding Xs and Os, I'll be polite and say that Pruitt got a lot of on the job training that day going against a veteran SEC coach...
Absolutely. And that's probably the better way to put it. To me it was clear that we matched up well with them talent wise unlike UGA. And yes I agree Pruitt seemed to get out coached which is what you'd expect from a first yr HC with a team full of players he didnt recruit. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if UT beat Florida as early as this yr but it would surprise me we happened to beat GA.

I would feel a little better if UGA’s bye week wasn’t the same as ours. So we are either coming off of a big upset win over Florida or we lose and have a back to basics bye week, and UGA beats Notre Dame in Athens (hopefully handily) and they have 2 weeks for everyone to tell them how great they are or they lose to Notre Dame and they are pissed.

Best case scenario here: We gain confidence and stay healthy and upset Florida, UGA drubs Notre Dame and is told how great they are.

worst case: we lose to Florida and we look really overmatched, outclassed and UGA loses to Notre Dame and they have 2 weeks to stew about it and wants to get back into Playoff Contention.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
UT is closer to beating Florida than UGA imo. Outside of the turn overs last season that game was overall competitive.
Not sure what game you watched but no it was not even close to being competitive...They beat us all over the field that game.

I'll ne honest here...

There is virtually no way that Tennessee beats Georgia this year. That article is the product of a long off-season and everyone looking for something to talk about. Tennessee will do well to beat everyone except for Florida, Georgia, and Alabama this year. That would be a successful year 2 under CJP and the new coaching staff. I don't want to be to big of a downer here because I am a huge UT fan, but I am also a realist and don't see a way that we upset UGA barring some serious losses to their team before that game and our guys playing the game of their life we will not win that game. Maybe in 2 years.
Don’t talk to the team. They’re goals are much higher.

Not sure what game you watched but no it was not even close to being competitive...They beat us all over the field that game.
I just happened to be sitting right behind the goalpost on the home end when JG got hit on the first fumble/int. Even I seen it coming presnap (not meaning to take a shot at JG but it is what it is) and little mistakes like that throughout the game made it appear we were overmatched. The Eli Wolf fumble was no different. Yes they beat us in nearly every phase of the game but it was due to our own mistakes. I feel like we beat ourselves more than they outplayed us. Jmo

Smart would most likely have a championship if not for having to go thru a team that's in one of the greatest runs in college history. They will get over the hump and it's probably going to be soon. They're loaded with ridiculous talent

Reactions: CA_Vol

VN Store

Back