Who goes to Bama-Smartt or Pruitt?

Smartt is a UGA guy.
That is true...He played there so I don't see him leaving UGA to go to Bama...IMO we will not have to worry about Pruitt going anywhere either...Bama just won't be interested....Surprised we were...Oh wait no I'm not.

Smart is at his alma mater, in a bigger and better state to recruit in. When he leaves it will be run out of town by alums and Bama sure won’t have him then.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
That is true...He played there so I don't see him leaving UGA to go to Bama...IMO we will not have to worry about Pruitt going anywhere either...Bama just won't be interested....Surprised we were...Oh wait no I'm not.
Damn,you've already given up on Jeremy Pruitt?:mad: I don't blame big name coaches for turning Tennessee down with the way a large amount of Tennessee fans are.:rolleyes:

Reactions: MAD
Damn,you've already given up on Jeremy Pruitt?:mad: I don't blame big name coaches for turning Tennessee down with the way a large amount of Tennessee fans are.:rolleyes:
I haven't given up on him yet but I will be honest and say I don't believe in him yet...He has shown me nothing to give me any hope of getting better in the future...I hope he proves me wrong and I would welcome it and gladly eat crow.

I don't see Pruitt on the radar for the Alabama job. He was Tennessee's 7th choice. Alabama will have a short list of no more than one.

I don't see Pruitt on the radar for the Alabama job. He was Tennessee's 7th choice. Alabama will have a short list of no more than one.
Multiple things have to happen for Alabama to offer him that job. Both Dabo and Kirby would have to say no, and at this point I actually think they both would say no.

The other thing that would have to happen is Pruitt wins hardware at Tennessee. I'm not talking about having a couple of 8 or 9-win seasons; I mean winning probably at least 10 games, going to Atlanta, and winning the SEC.

6 for Bama
2 for anyone else

They’ve got that buried out back under the old campers and outhouses
That's cheap. The new buyout for the Texas Tech MBB coach is:

3 outside the BIG XII

6 within the conference

or

16.5 for Texas

Bama will work channels to try to lure Dabo. You never want to be the guy to follow the guy. Dabo stays put.

Pruitt may but too early to tell, that would be his dream job ala Kiffin.

Smart has his dream job.

BUT, the guy I think they go after? Pete Carroll

Probably none of the three. It was bad enough for the train of coaches that followed Bear. If they are smart, they would choose to stay put and not follow Saban.

Bama will work channels to try to lure Dabo. You never want to be the guy to follow the guy. Dabo stays put.

Smart has his dream job.

Smart will do well to even show a hint of consistent success at GA. He's a choker. Good coach, but not the top tier kind of full package you'd find in a Saban/Miles/Carroll etc. He's missing something.

I’ll take neither. I think Saban has 5 plus seasons left. Football is his life. Both Smart and Pruitt will be on their next contracts.

Smart has his dream job.

I’m not so sure. I agree they go after Dabo... that’s their ace but I think Pruitt ends up there.... if not I wouldn’t be surprised to see maybe Peterson from Washington? Or NFL ranks.... if it gets to that point.

Smart will do well to even show a hint of consistent success at GA. He's a choker. Good coach, but not the top tier kind of full package you'd find in a Saban/Miles/Carroll etc. He's missing something.

Miles? The one at Kansas?

It took saban more than 10 years to win his first championship. Kirby got there in year 2, a year which no one had UGA making it. Kirby is 2-2 in his biggest games. Won a playoff and a SECC, lost the natty and a SECC. It’s too early to make any sweeping judgements about smart. He’s had more success than Saban and Dabo thus far into his career.

Bottomline.....
Dabo Swinney=Bama guy, coaching at a winning program, that will pay him to stay. But, he may go, anyway.
Kirby Smart=UGA guy. He's home. Forget about it.
Jeremy Pruitt=Bama guy. For Bama to consider him, The Vols will have to have had several 10 win seasons, beaten Bama a couple times, a couple SEC East Titles, and most likely an SEC Title, in which we beat Bama. That said, if Bama calls Pruitt goes. I completely understand why.

Smart money says the smartest of the top 5 coaches stay away from Bama when Saban retires. Man, if they don't come in and win a Natty by years two, they will be run out of town! Look at all they did with Curry and Perkins. Not bad coaches but not able to replicate the Bear. If you guys think some of our fans are crazy, they are completely nuts down there!

VN Store

Back