Who goes to Bama-Smartt or Pruitt?

XknoxvolsX

The only people who dislike winners are losers!
By reading this article, it is clear that Dabo Swinney doesn't have Mike Hamilton as his AD! And, it looks as if Clemson has become worried about losing him to BAMA should Saban retire.

Dabo dismisses talk of potential future at Bama

For all you worried about our coach, who hasn't had a winning season yet, this all may be premature. However, I do remember a lot of you fretted about losing Dooley to Georgia! Funny now, huh?

You can't believe anything a coach says about staying/going. How many coaches have left in the middle of the night? Saban included (said he wouldn't leave Miami). Francione, Tuberville, and many more. Kiffin showed that when a perceived better opportunity comes knocking, there isn't much allegiance. Once Saban announces, it'll be a free for all.

But that multi-million dollar buyout will have a lot to say. But, maybe Bama has enough to cover it for Swinney.

You can't believe anything a coach says about staying/going. How many coaches have left in the middle of the night? Saban included (said he wouldn't leave Miami). Francione, Tuberville, and many more. Kiffin showed that when a perceived better opportunity comes knocking, there isn't much allegiance. Once Saban announces, it'll be a free for all.
Kiffin left to his dream job. I'm so tired of the Kiffin BS.

If Pruitt is courted by Bama to become head coach after Saban retires then that means things have gone extremely well around here. I have a hard time believing he would say no, but I’m sure Fulmer had this in mind when hiring him.
Can't upvote that enough. Said it a bunch before here, but I can't imagine Alabama even entertains the thought of hiring Pruitt unless he's won hardware. Him having some "good seasons" at Tennessee will not impress them. Gotta think that for Alabama to even call him, he'd have to have multiple 10+ win seasons and probably has won the SEC, perhaps even beating Saban himself in the SECCG.

Of course Pruitt would leave if asked. Hopefully in such a situation, Pruitt would also be leaving a stacked roster for the next guy. If he did, then Tennessee would be in a great position to land a top coach.

I am sure they both will eventually. We have to go to bama every other year and uga probably will play them sooner or later in tuscaloosa.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Pruitt is safe.
Bama wouldn’t keep a guy like Smart around long if he can’t get over the hump.

Dabo will end up at Alabama. Its not the best career move in my opinion but that was always the end game.

Reactions: OrangeByBirth
Dabo is bright enough to let a guy or two head up Bama before he goes there himself. Pruitt has to have a winning record at UT before getting any consideration of being offered the Bama job. Smart won't go unless his seat is starting to warm up. How long will UGA tolerate great recruiting classes but on the outside looking in when it comes to an NC? They gave Richt over ten years I don't see Kirby having a leash that long, he's a great recruiter, solid defensive coach, but a marginal game day coach IMO.

At this point in his career, Pruitt replacing Saban at Bama coupled with whoever replaces Pruitt at Tennessee would likely be good news everywhere in the SEC outside of Tuscaloosa and Knoxville.
Seems like it would be good news in either Bama or Tn, but not both. I agree with the more important first part of the statement.

Dabo is bright enough to let a guy or two head up Bama before he goes there himself. Pruitt has to have a winning record at UT before getting any consideration of being offered the Bama job. Smart won't go unless his seat is starting to warm up. How long will UGA tolerate great recruiting classes but on the outside looking in when it comes to an NC? They gave Richt over ten years I don't see Kirby having a leash that long, he's a great recruiter, solid defensive coach, but a marginal game day coach IMO.

Saban and Bama will go the Dean Smith route of handing it off to a trusted coach most likely already on campus and give him 2 years or a year. Then you find your guy and Bring Him Home just UNC did with Roy Williams. Except Ol Huckleberry didn’t show quite as quick as they wanted.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Saban and Bama will go the Dean Smith route of handing it off to a trusted coach most likely already on campus and give him 2 years or a year. Then you find your guy and Bring Him Home just UNC did with Roy Williams. Except Ol Huckleberry didn’t show quite as quick as they wanted.
This is very likely now given that Dabo has won a title at Clemson and Kirby is home. If Dabo hadn't won a title, he'd take the Alabama job in a heartbeat. Now that he's won 2 there and has an easier path to more, I don't know why in the world he'd go unless the call from "momma" was just too much. Money wouldn't be a differentiator, he's already a god at Clemson, and it's an easier job.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Only if Dabo gets bored. Why would he do that to himself?

If he had no interest why not say it? If Clemson put it in the contract then it’s safe to say it has been mentioned at least. Much like Kiffin when he left for USC. They’ll offer an ocean full of money and a new challenge. Let’s face it the ACC is boring but I don’t disagree with you he’d be crazy to walk away from a sleep walk into the playoffs

If he had no interest why not say it? If Clemson put it in the contract then it’s safe to say it has been mentioned at least. Much like Kiffin when he left for USC. They’ll offer an ocean full of money and a new challenge. Let’s face it the ACC is boring but I don’t disagree with you he’d be crazy to walk away from a sleep walk into the playoffs
It's smart for Dabo to use the eventual Alabama opening as leverage in contract negotiations with his current employer, even if he knows he won't be going there. The employee (Dabo) wants to make as much as possible, the employer (Clemson) wants to pay as little as possible.

He isn't going to come straight out and say "I'll never go to Alabama." Even if he doesn't want to, it wouldn't be smart for him to take that option off the table for a variety of reasons.

Reactions: BUBear
Unless Pruitt greatly improves his coaching results over the next several years it will definitely not be him, I highly doubt Smart will leave his alma mater for Alabama but you never know. I am going to go out on a limb and say neither

Reactions: Jaws and hog88
Unless Pruitt greatly improves his coaching results over the next several years it will definitely not be him, I highly doubt Smart will leave his alma mater for Alabama but you never know. I am going to go out on a limb and say neither

Yep, Pruitt is way short on Ws and hardware to even be in this discussion.

By reading this article, it is clear that Dabo Swinney doesn't have Mike Hamilton as his AD! And, it looks as if Clemson has become worried about losing him to BAMA should Saban retire.

Dabo dismisses talk of potential future at Bama

For all you worried about our coach, who hasn't had a winning season yet, this all may be premature. However, I do remember a lot of you fretted about losing Dooley to Georgia! Funny now, huh?

Curious why you capitalized “Bama”

VN Store

Back