'20 LA ATH Joel Williams (Kentucky commit)

One would think, but in spectacularly typical fashion, some other team that hasn't much been mentioned will swoop in at the eleventh hour and we will be left at the alter again, because V, B *in a sad, sighing tone*
How prophetic.

With all the mess going on ar UF, he's got to be out of his mind to want to go into something like that situation.

The “mess” is overblown by the media and rival fans. Uga has had 5 player arrests this offseason and one very high profile transfer; Justin Fields. That’s a mess. LSU just had Kelvin Joseph transfer, a former 5-star CB and projected starter. That gets less buzz than UF’s Chris Steele transferring, when Steele was projected to be the 4th best corner on the team, was notoriously homesick, and was being brutalized in practice and workouts by UF’s experienced WR’s. FSU has had players transfer. Many teams have. Many teams have had players get in trouble with the law, UT included. But UF has that and it gets way more press coverage because it’s Florida. And it gets was more rival fan hate, because UF has soooo many rivals; FSU, UGa, Miami, UT, LSU.

Forida got two commitments this past weekend and are expecting more soon. Their 2020 class is currently ranked 6th on Rivals. If that’s a “mess” give me more of it.

The “mess” is overblown by the media and rival fans. Uga has had 5 player arrests this offseason and one very high profile transfer; Justin Fields.
Mullen brought the media "mess" on himself by talking smack about the Fields transfer and then he looked like an idiot when he promptly had a 19' QB and CB transfer right after spring practice. Several media members and of course doggy fans in turn promptly shoved Mullen's previous smack talk right back up his bunghole. It's the risk you take when you run your mouth, can't cry foul when it backfires.

Mullen brought the media "mess" on himself by talking smack about the Fields transfer and then he looked like an idiot when he promptly had a 19' QB and CB transfer right after spring practice. Several media members and of course doggy fans in turn promptly shoved Mullen's previous smack talk right back up his bunghole. It's the risk you take when you run your mouth, can't cry foul when it backfires.

If THAT, that silliness, is the best his haters ever come up with, Florida will be just fine. That’s peanuts compared to the smack Spurrier and Meyer talked.

10-3 with a major bowl win is off to a great start.
I don't get the Spurrier/Meyer feel from Mullen. Y'all were unduly bad in 17' because of the suspensions, I think that season was more of an anomaly than last season was a stupendous success. The fact is you were 10-4 and 9-4 in 15' and 16' and despite the bounce back from 17' I don't think you're any closer to being competitive with Bama (and now Georgia) than you were then.

Reactions: PA Vol
I don't get the Spurrier/Meyer feel from Mullen. .

Mullen won more games in year 1 than Spurrier and Meyer, with a far inferior inherited team.

Also, Florida led Georgia mid-way through the 3rd quarter last year and trailed by only 6 midway through the 4th. Florida completed with UGA in year 1 under Mullen, this team will be better than last year’s team.

Mullen won more games in year 1 than Spurrier and Meyer, with a far inferior inherited team.

Also, Florida led Georgia mid-way through the 3rd quarter last year and trailed by only 6 midway through the 4th. Florida completed with UGA in year 1 under Mullen, this team will be better than last year’s team.
We'll see certainly, you guys will be better than us of course, but to date I haven't gotten the sense you were on the precipice of a championship renaissance.

Reactions: AaronUT and Jaws
The “mess” is overblown by the media and rival fans. Uga has had 5 player arrests this offseason and one very high profile transfer; Justin Fields. That’s a mess. LSU just had Kelvin Joseph transfer, a former 5-star CB and projected starter. That gets less buzz than UF’s Chris Steele transferring, when Steele was projected to be the 4th best corner on the team, was notoriously homesick, and was being brutalized in practice and workouts by UF’s experienced WR’s. FSU has had players transfer. Many teams have. Many teams have had players get in trouble with the law, UT included. But UF has that and it gets way more press coverage because it’s Florida. And it gets was more rival fan hate, because UF has soooo many rivals; FSU, UGa, Miami, UT, LSU.

Forida got two commitments this past weekend and are expecting more soon. Their 2020 class is currently ranked 6th on Rivals. If that’s a “mess” give me more of it.
I don't disagree with you that other schools have had players run afoul of the law and some have had transfers but, in my opinion my scale covered friend, the reason that Florida was singled out more than other schools was because the kid is accused of raping two girls. There is a no conspiracy against UF or Mullen by the media.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I'm just not sure he had a lot of great options. His stock has been dropping. 247 recently dropped him to a 3 star, LSU backed off. He probably was a take for Tennessee but I don't know if he was a real priority.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
He likely was a priority for this staff. We hosted him multiple times this spring and was recruiting him hard, per the kid.

VN Store

Back