Give me your hottest takes in life

So your opposed to the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders? I cannot support your hot take. Beautiful women in shorts and cowboy boots are fine by me. God save your soul.

:)
I'm opposed to most things Dallas Cowboy, lol. They didn't start wearing cowboy boots till the early 90s though before that it was go-go style boots. That may be where the fad started cause it seems like mid 90s when I first saw girls wearing them around Nashville.

No one over the age of 9 should be wearing boots with shorts..

Then it’s defiantly not a good idea to go to any “country” concert ever.

I’ll add: no self respecting man should wear the man version of daisy dukes. It’s not cool, it’s not a style, you look like you should be immediately admitted and sedated.

It’s annoying that women can talk thier way out of any ticket given they can do 1 of 2 things:

Instacry or have incredible cleavage

A man gets stopped he’s not crying, or dangling his way out of a ticket.

Watching golf in any form is mind numbing. I’m fully convinced that its just an excuse to take a nap.

People that work inside in July and say “it’s to hot in here” make my skin crawl. Enjoy your position there’s much worse places to work
Too*

Sorry, I couldn't resist

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I'm slightly put off by people who, when drinking from a bottle, use their tongue to "catch" the bottle as they put it to their mouth. It's a subtle thing and one I never noticed for many years but I do see it fairly often. Truth be told, it only elicits a faint "oh stop that" in my mind but this is the perfect place to bring it up.

I’ve gotten one that has happened to me twice today (I work in the customer service field):

People that ask you how you’re doing but continue to talk without letting you answer should be stripped of all lands and titles, and should be forced to go back to kindergarten for one year.
Not just "how are you doing," but continuing to ramble after asking any question. Happens all the time.

Lots of times people aren't interested in getting an actual question answered but just like to hear themselves talk, need to vent, etc.

My hot take is that many healthcare fields will begin to experience drastic shortages due to schools becoming completely unaffordable (sp?) without some type of major scholarships. I've received estimated costs of attendance on 4 different career paths of what I want to do next and it's completely absurd. I'll end up choosing my 4th choice probably because it scares me that I'll put my family in a financial bind for the rest of our lives. It's embarrassing that a person is hesitant to follow a dream career because they fear it will create financial suicide. My #1 choice has an estimated cost of attendance of over $165,000 in tuition and fees ALONE. That is not living expenses, misc expenses, or the interest accrued on loans. According to my math I would be around $300,000 in debt when I completed this journey to start a career that pays on average in our area $120,000 as a new grad. Sorry, this is more of a rant and not a hot take.

Not to derail the thread, but as someone with a sister who's a podiatrist and finished her schooling with 200K worth of debt, I will say it was definitely worth it in her case. She was even fortunate enough to find a job (in her hometown ftr) that helped her with the debt, which I hear is becoming increasingly common in numerous medical fields because of your first sentence. Even without the assistance it still would have been worth it though. Just don't flunk out lol

Reactions: BAJAvol

VN Store

Back