Give me your hottest takes in life

My hot take is that many healthcare fields will begin to experience drastic shortages due to schools becoming completely unaffordable (sp?) without some type of major scholarships. I've received estimated costs of attendance on 4 different career paths of what I want to do next and it's completely absurd. I'll end up choosing my 4th choice probably because it scares me that I'll put my family in a financial bind for the rest of our lives. It's embarrassing that a person is hesitant to follow a dream career because they fear it will create financial suicide. My #1 choice has an estimated cost of attendance of over $165,000 in tuition and fees ALONE. That is not living expenses, misc expenses, or the interest accrued on loans. According to my math I would be around $300,000 in debt when I completed this journey to start a career that pays on average in our area $120,000 as a new grad. Sorry, this is more of a rant and not a hot take.

The HOV lane on the interstate is an aggravating abject failure.
Let's encourage drivers to carpool by giving them their own lane in metropolitan areas.... but the vast majority of people going to work drive there alone.... SO....instead of saving fuel ... the HOV lane gets minimal use and creates bigger and longer traffic jams resulting in higher fuel consumption.... longer transit times... and more frustration!

Or...

Put a manakin in clothes in the passenger seat and avoid the stops

Reactions: Smokey X
People shouldn't still be weirded out by left handed people. It's like it always has to be pointed out which hand I'm using and how I'm holding the pencil.

No one over the age of 9 should be wearing boots with shorts..
You obviously have no sense of style
kenneth-cole-boots-william-rast-for-target-shirt-h-m-shorts_400.jpg

I’ve gotten one that has happened to me twice today (I work in the customer service field):

People that ask you how you’re doing but continue to talk without letting you answer should be stripped of all lands and titles, and should be forced to go back to kindergarten for one year.

Reactions: Devo182
If you say "like" more than twice while sharing a story you cannot talk again for the rest of the day to think about what you have done.

Reactions: franklinpence
People who park in a handicapped parking spot with a HC tag who get out in running shoes and yoga pants and power walk into the store are some of the worst people on the planet
Georgia is one of the worst places I've seen for that stuff. They'll park in those spots without a sticker a lot also.

Reactions: samanderson
AMEN Brother. My wife and I were just talking about this since we consolidated our insurance plans. I've been driving for 9 years and never once filed a claim. I did the math for an estimation on car insurance only and it's well over $15,000.
I have driven for over 50 years, and have had 2 times when my car was damaged. One was when deer ran into the side of my car, and the other when a woman hit my car in a parking lot while I was in a pharmacy. I have had claims when a rock (a couple of times) and a walnut broke my windshield.

Hot chicks should be an exception to this rule.
Eh, I would prefer hot chicks not dress like a 5 year old. Not saying I haven't enjoyed the view of some boot and short wearing hoes, I just try to overlook the boots and determine if she's up for any other bad decisions, lol.

Eh, I would prefer hot chicks not dress like a 5 year old. Not saying I haven't enjoyed the view of some boot and short wearing hoes, I just try to overlook the boots and determine if she's up for any other bad decisions, lol.
So your opposed to the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders? I cannot support your hot take. Beautiful women in shorts and cowboy boots are fine by me. God save your soul.

:)

VN Store

Back