Tennessee vs Florida Game 1 Thread - 6:30

Yesterday Kendall Rogers from D1 Basebsll said he wouldn’t be surprised if Florida State doesn’t contact CTV for their opening, said UT better go ahead and lock him up......for once so agree with Kendall.

Georgia vs Auburn, Playing a double header today due to approaching weather and the 3rd game is a good one. Nice not having any emotional attachment to who wins or loses.

GA/Auburn is a good one. Ole Miss/State on also.

Yesterday Kendall Rogers from D1 Basebsll said he wouldn’t be surprised if Florida State doesn’t contact CTV for their opening, said UT better go ahead and lock him up......for once so agree with Kendall.

Georgia vs Auburn, Playing a double header today due to approaching weather and the 3rd game is a good one. Nice not having any emotional attachment to who wins or loses.
Where did he say that at?

Thank you. That’s interesting I figured Martins kid would get that job

he may, Rogers may have been spewing at the mouth. He's never right when it comes to coaching searches however CTV will be a commodity sooner than later. I imagine CTV see's Fulmer throwing some money to the program and wants the baseball program (all sports) to be relevant again.

EDIT:
its around the 10:40 mark in the interview. The whole interview is good and worth the listen.....

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
I think we will make Hoover but we have painted ourselves into a corner. We need 2/3 this weekend and next to lock up a regional bid. That or win a three and go far in sec in Hoover.

I think 13 wins should get us in, but more would obviously help.

Why

are we the only power 5 program in the country that the second one of our coaches starts having the smallest monicor of success we have to overpay him to keep from getting poached by someone else? I’ve really never seen anything like it.

Why

are we the only power 5 program in the country that the second one of our coaches starts having the smallest monicor of success we have to overpay him to keep from getting poached by someone else? I’ve really never seen anything like it.

It’s called paying at a premium. You pay someone who has succeeded at your school and may pay a little more to retain them in lieu of having to hire (and gamble) on someone new.

Additionally, if you are referring to Barnes (which seems like you are) then his success is more than just a small amount of success. Built a program, developed a back to back conference player of the year, made a S16, and won 31 games.

I believe Butch Jones’ last true raise was after the 2015 season when he had improved every year. His pay was still middle of the pack in the conference.

Pretty easy concept. You pay who has proven to be successful. If Vitello gets us to the NCAAT, then he deserves a raise.

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
Why

Here is why.
- he inherited a pretty bad situation in a very strong conference. The program hasn’t been to the NCAA Tournament since 2005. That’s pretty incredible. By the far the longest draught in the SEC. Has them in great position to do make the Tournament
-people in the know in college baseball know the program is on the rise because recruiting is done so far in advance. They are killing it on the recruiting trail
- 40 years old and has a great resume and has worked for 2 of the top 10 coaches in the game in Van Horn and Schlossnagle
- was considered the best assistant coach recruiter in the country and now is proving he can have success as a a head coach.
Those are all reasons other programs could come calling. Tennessee isn’t the only power 5 program this happens to every school once they have succes and have a wanted commodity by others

Corbin’s tax return was over $2.3 million in 2016
$1.25 for O’Sullivan at Florida until 2025
$1.25 for Mainieri at LSU
Andy Cannizzaro was getting paid $1 million before he decided to have an affair with an office staffer
Stricklin at Georgia was making $575 with his original contract and was about to get fired until last year, his new deal pays “substantially” more however his new deal is undisclosed.

Last edited:
Reactions: feathersax
Corbin’s tax return was over $2.3 million in 2016
$1.25 for O’Sullivan at Florida until 2025
$1.25 for Mainieri at LSU
Andy Cannizzaro was getting paid $1 million before he decided to have an affair with an office staffer
Stricklin at Georgia was making $575 with his original contract and was about to get fired until last year, his new deal pays “substantially” more however his new deal is undisclosed.
How big of an idiot was Cannizaro? He was sexting during practices in games with Dan Mullen’s staffer. Left a lot of money on the table

Reactions: OldTimer
Vitello has agreed to a five-year contract with an average annual compensation of $493,000.

Per UTK June 2017. He got the turf and turned the wins around so far, get some Hover and NCAA wins. Who knows what incentives are in the K for those wins or just getting to the dance.
Some unfinished business still to go!
Go VOLS

Reactions: MagnoliaVol
Just once I’d like to see a UT team nut up and fight through adversity and come out stronger on the other end. Seems like In every sport every year the second something doesn’t go Tennessee’s way we just shrivel up and die. I mean if these dudes had any clutch in them the last thing they would do after blowing a 7 run lead in their last sec game would be to do it again the very next sec game. That tells me all I need to know about the mental makeup of this team.
Thoughts now?

VN Store

Back