CBB Transfer Portal

When the program becomes better, and the school looks more favorable to recruits, can’t you yank scholarships of the less talented players, make room and fill with the better talent you can now acquire? I mean I know you “can” but when the school become more favorable isn’t it like a rule your supposed to do it.

Nysier Brooks would be an interesting option...played at Cincinnati 3 years, hasn’t been said if he would be a graduate transfer or not but if he is would be worth a look.

6’11” 240lbs 23mpg 8.1ppg 6.3rpg 1.5bpg this past season.

Reactions: cwbytruckers
Nysier Brooks would be an interesting option...played at Cincinnati 3 years, hasn’t been said if he would be a graduate transfer or not but if he is would be worth a look.

He could help us beat them next year also.

Without watching video, those numbers and size seems like a Kyle Alexander clone with a couple extra LBs.

It’s not ‘official’ yet, but based on what we’re hearing this week it seems like pretty much a done deal that 7-foot-0 Uros Plavsic, who just completed his freshman year at Arizona State, is going to be added as a transfer and be on campus sometime this summer. Again, this one isn’t in the books quite yet but he’ll end up a Vol barring some surprise.
Tennessee has some ties here. He attended Hamilton Heights in Chattanooga and then committed to Cleveland State, where former Tennessee graduate assistant Drazen Zlovaric was on the staff. When Zlovaric took a job at Arizona State, Plavsic followed him. Zlovaric was let go after this past season and as a result Plavsic is apparently moving on as well. He’s still something of a developmental prospect, but as the old saying goes, you can’t coach 7-feet.
-VQ

Last edited:
Reactions: Dallasbowlin
Derryck Thornton Jr. likely entering the portal as grad xfer. Former 5* PG who started at Duke and transferred to USC. Averaged 7.7 pts, 2.8 rebs, 4.3 assists, and 2.0 TOs this last season. Not a great shooter, however: 38.2%/28.6%/66.0% this last season.

Derryck Thornton Jr. likely entering the portal as grad xfer. Former 5* PG who started at Duke and transferred to USC. Averaged 7.7 pts, 2.8 rebs, 4.3 assists, and 2.0 TOs this last season. Not a great shooter, however: 38.2%/28.6%/66.0% this last season.
Wonder if Schwartz has any connections to him being from Cali

Memphis lands Rayjon Tucker. 🙄
Man, they will be tough next year.

I'm hoping Tucker just stays in the draft. I'd rather Memphis not get things going again. If we can keep them at Pastner/Tubby levels, and keep building ourselves, the city of Memphis could become a SERIOUS advantage for us going forward.

I'm hoping Tucker just stays in the draft. I'd rather Memphis not get things going again. If we can keep them at Pastner/Tubby levels, and keep building ourselves, the city of Memphis could become a SERIOUS advantage for us going forward.
Has that ever happened?

VN Store

Back