Either DL gonna be unreal good or

He needs work, he's not ready. But yeah he'll be good one day down the road.

**I don't think he would get us to a bowl game, still a lot to work on. But his "natural ability" is evident, at least to me.
Down the road as in 5 months from now I'm.

How many times did you hear Pruitt talk about him not getting the ball out quick enough? About 3 times. Pretty much every time they had Pruitt commenting, ye made mention of this. He even mentioned that JG wasn't processing info fast enough during plays. Wasn't coach speak...

He is ready right now. He'll get his chance. At some point JG will get hurt from the holding the ball to long...just like every season he's played. For the the life of me, I don't understand why people continue to make this kid something he just isn't...

He threw 3 balls completely out of bounds with minimal pocket pressure. Took many sacks. Sara, this debate won't last long once the season starts...

Reactions: cgrish and 08Vol
He needs work, he's not ready. But yeah he'll be good one day down the road.

**I don't think he would get us to a bowl game, still a lot to work on. But his "natural ability" is evident, at least to me.
Our history says that we will see first see him in the second quarter of the Bama game.

Down the road as in 5 months from now I'm.

How many times did you hear Pruitt talk about him not getting the ball out quick enough? About 3 times. Pretty much every time they had Pruitt commenting, ye made mention of this. He even mentioned that JG wasn't processing info fast enough during plays. Wasn't coach speak...

He is ready right now. He'll get his chance. At some point JG will get hurt from the holding the ball to long...just like every season he's played. For the the life of me, I don't understand why people continue to make this kid something he just isn't...

He threw 3 balls completely out of bounds with minimal pocket pressure. Took many sacks. Sara, this debate won't last long once the season starts...
The QB situation is a fun debate. For the first time since Dobbs, I'm excited to see where it goes.

All teams have tape from last year and know it’s literally anything they see. Don’t need to watch a meaningless spring game to know that Tennessee easily has the worst OL in the conference if not the country as well.

So according to your infinite wisdom we already easily have the worst OL in the conference if not the country and this is before the guys have even started preseason camp. You know nothing about every other offensive line in the country as well as the SEC offensive lines so stop trying to make a point that u know nothing about. Your spewing nonsense based off of last year and based off of what u saw in a meaningless spring game. News flash- guys don’t go 100% all out in a spring game so of course position groups are gonna leave the uninformed fans with a bad taste in their mouth.

I liked BM's movement in the pocket, and he had a couple of good runs.

Saw lots of 'coaching' going on... BM's int led to a short conversation w/ CJP and a longer one w/ CCW... Frosh TE's fumble resulted in an extended 1 v. 1 with CBN. Defensive coaches were very animated at times.

Banks looks to have real potential assuming he's settled now.... Morris had a few explosive blocks on run plays, but couldn't get out to protect the edge a few times....Keyton showed a powerful escape move in press coverage.... kicking game looked good except for one punt that I remember.

First time at Neyland for two grandsons last night. At 3pm neither was going, changed their minds at 3:30, and had a blast. Two new Vols and have the bling to prove it thanks to pre and post game trips to the Vol Store.

So according to your infinite wisdom we already easily have the worst OL in the conference if not the country and this is before the guys have even started preseason camp. You know nothing about every other offensive line in the country as well as the SEC offensive lines so stop trying to make a point that u know nothing about. Your spewing nonsense based off of last year and based off of what u saw in a meaningless spring game. News flash- guys don’t go 100% all out in a spring game so of course position groups are gonna leave the uninformed fans with a bad taste in their mouth.

Your first sentence......yes.

Reactions: 08Vol
Somebody has to play it. If that person can rally his teammates and get the offense going, then yeah, he'll stay in.

I hope everybody is beginning to see now why I've been hyping up this kid. Brian Maurer will need to be in there if we're to make a bowl game.
You think the only way we make a bowl game is with a 185lb true freshman who threw 2 interceptions in the spring game due to poor judgment? Alrighty then.

Look, Maurer looked really good yesterday, showed some poise st times, some good athletic ability and a pretty strong, accurate arm, and I think he has, potentially, a bright future here. But you’d rather run a true freshman out there vs SEC defenses than an experienced 4th year guy who was literally better throwing the ball vs pressure last year than any other QB in the conference? Again.....alrighty then.

Last edited:
OL still not good so I would be hesitant regarding our DL prospects for next season. We need two more great recruiting cycles to get more talent in Knoxville to be competitive in top portion of SEC. I think shooting for 6-6 or 7-5 season , go to a bowl, and keep up the recruiting effort is what we should hope for.

If we go 6-6 then there won’t be any more great recruiting classes. Top players don’t want to play for losing teams. Clemson turned away a 5* recruit due to having too many committed at the position. Pruitt has to find a way to get his top freshman on the field and they have to be productive b/c he doesn’t have much talent outside of them. He will have to win some games with coaching instead of talent and I’m not sure he’s able to do that.

Reactions: KBVol
If we go 6-6 then there won’t be any more great recruiting classes. Top players don’t want to play for losing teams. Clemson turned away a 5* recruit due to having too many committed at the position. Pruitt has to find a way to get his top freshman on the field and they have to be productive b/c he doesn’t have much talent outside of them. He will have to win some games with coaching instead of talent and I’m not sure he’s able to do that.
Clemson has zero OLB/DEs committed. Which is where most people project Grimes. They turned him away because he is likely just a camp warrior.

Your first sentence......yes.

That’s what I figured. I’d keep it simple too if I was you. It must be hard trying to portray yourself as the all knowing fanboy when in reality (outside vol nation) your just a glorified finebaum show disciple.

Clemson has zero OLB/DEs committed. Which is where most people project Grimes. They turned him away because he is likely just a camp warrior.

So Bama, LSU and FSU are all wrong about him? And all the recruiting services? Plausible, but ok then.

Reactions: 08Vol
You think the only way we make a bowl game is with a 185lb true freshman who threw 2 interceptions in the spring game due to poor judgment? Alrighty then.

Look, Maurer looked really good yesterday, showed some poise st times, some good athletic ability and a pretty strong, accurate arm, and I think he has, potentially, a bright future here. But you’d rather run a true freshman out there vs SEC defenses than an experienced 4th year guy who was literally better throwing the ball vs pressure last year than any other QB in the conference? Again.....alrighty then.

His first pick, was definitely a rookie mistake. No argument there. 2nd one, Keyton who is also a true freshman didn't fit for the ball. And Tank Johnson will be starting as a true Freshman.

I'm telling you, the WRs do not believe in JG. Many times last season and even yesterday you could just them shake their heads at him.

This team needs a new energy at that position.

None of the blitz packages shown today were secret or revolutionary. I liked the 1 v 1 as iron sharpens iron . Defense usually is ahead of the offense early on in the season and spring. Plus everyone always says let’s not show anything. I say show it all. It makes coaches stay up late prepping for stuff you’ll never use.
Not only that, it’s hard to effectively implement what you don’t practice regularly.

My sweet son just informed me that we looked better on tv than in person. So there you have it folks......if my 12 year old says we're going to be fine, "we're going to be fine!" :)

**Edit** He also said said to me...out of the blue, while watching the game. "Don't worry about what you see on the field, the defense knows our plays."

Could be looking at a 6-6 season if some things do not improve. Schedule is a bit easier this year so hopefully 7-5 or 8-4. Will see.

Both the Dline and the Oline are suspect, you can only make so much progress in 1 year.

I still think think this team can win 6 or 7 games this year.... patience is the word in Knoxville, patience and more patience
As far as how much progress you can make from one season to the next, there is a wide variance between what is possible and what is probable.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back