Will Friend...Cool Dude. Good Info..

So Coach David Johnson was the high school coach of Leonard Fournette & Tyrone Mattheiu? Would have like to have seen that team. So happy that Johnson is still with the Vols. Really appreciate his enthusiasm on the field. All three men are great for our Vols.

So Coach David Johnson was the high school coach of Leonard Fournette & Tyrone Mattheiu? Would have like to have seen that team. So happy that Johnson is still with the Vols. Really appreciate his enthusiasm on the field. All three men are great for our Vols.

Tyrone Mattheiu would've come here in a millisecond, but Kifftard wouldn't offer him a scholly after Mattheiu showed out at one of our camps. There is video somewhere of him absolutely blanketing WRs at the camp. They couldn't catch anything with him covering. Coaching staff was said not to like his lack of size.

Reactions: 08Vol
If the OL isn’t good this year, I’m not sure you can blame it on Friend. Smith likely out and 2 freshmen getting a lot of playing time. Can’t make chicken salad out of chicken poo.

The OL has to improve. Friend isn’t Don Mahoney. Chaney has OL experience. Fulmer has OL experience. With Botch’s staff you could make the case that his staff sucked and lacked the credibility and experience. Not the case with this staff.

The OL should be bigger, stronger and more disciplined this year. I am not saying I expect them to be good. I just think they should be able to be as good as Vandys, Mizzou or UKs OL. If this OL is still the worst in the SEC by a wide margin again, Pruitt is likely gonna have to replace Friend.

Will Friend.....Cool dude. Good info.....bad OL coach who should be fired midseason if this OL is DRASTICALLY better.

Will Friend.....Cool dude. Good info.....bad OL coach who should be fired midseason if this OL is DRASTICALLY better.
So if they’re drastically BETTER, fire him? No win situation from you, huh KB?

You should be fired at whatever you do, cause I’m sure you aren’t 1/10th as good as Friend is at his job. Good grief your shtick is soooooo old dude.

Reactions: Old Geezer
It’s funny that the only people who like your negative posts is usually KBVol. Which makes sense, as you two have to be the same person since your shtick is exactly the same each and every day. NEGATIVE!

I can assure you KB and I are completely different people. Its just we share the same opinions on some things. So out of curiosity, what makes you have any positive views about Friend and our OL?

It’s funny that the only people who like your negative posts is usually KBVol. Which makes sense, as you two have to be the same person since your shtick is exactly the same each and every day. NEGATIVE!
Correct that we’re negative everyday, because UT football, in all its incompetence for the last decade, only inspires negativity. And I can assure you BOT and I are two different people.

You should be fired at whatever you do, cause I’m sure you aren’t 1/10th as good as Friend is at his job. Good grief your shtick is soooooo old dude.
Lol. Ignore me brother. Nobody making you read my posts. Man up and put me in ignite rather than bitching about posts you don’t like.

Also, been in business for approaching 30 years after earning my UT degree all those years ago. And I can assure you, that if my performance and results were at any point equal to what Friend has produced thus far at UT, I’d have been fired at least once over that time period, which I never have been.

So if they’re drastically BETTER, fire him? No win situation from you, huh KB?
Get em drastically better, and of course not. Get em to just average/competent and the entire team takes a big step forward and we’re all good, I’ll not say another word about Friend.

But stay on the same course as last year and yesterday and yeah, he’s gotta go. OL improvement was the first thing that Pruitt mentioned yesterday postgame iirc. He knows it, although I’m sure he doesn’t want to contemplate firing his best friend.

Lol. Ignore me brother. Nobody making you read my posts. Man up and put me in ignite rather than bitching about posts you don’t like.

Also, been in business for approaching 30 years after earning my UT degree all those years ago. And I can assure you, that if my performance and results were at any point equal to what Friend has produced thus far at UT, I’d have been fired at least once over that time period, which I never have been.

At least you’re a pleasant person when called out. Props for that.

What proof do you have that Friend is goodathis job?

With the talent he had last year, the poor play calling by our previous offensive coordinator, and the loss of Smith and Kennedy, it goes without saying he didn’t have much of a chance to show what he can do in his FIRST YEAR. I expect better this year. Just an average SEC line would be a good job this year. Next year is when we will start to see the hogs come out.

Get em drastically better, and of course not. Get em to just average/competent and the entire team takes a big step forward and we’re all good, I’ll not say another word about Friend.

But stay on the same course as last year and yesterday and yeah, he’s gotta go. OL improvement was the first thing that Pruitt mentioned yesterday postgame iirc. He knows it, although I’m sure he doesn’t want to contemplate firing his best friend.
His friend who’s capabilities he’s had plenty of time to vett. Bet he has a different timeline than you.

Hate singling out players but necessary for the point.

Tatum was responsible for a large percentage of the breakdowns in protection. Removing his performance and judging the rest of the OL, I believe they showed decent improvement over last year. That's not saying much but that's the discussion.

Some will refuse to see any improvement but after rewatching yet again, I'm convinced of a better job by most.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Tyrone Mattheiu would've come here in a millisecond, but Kifftard wouldn't offer him a scholly after Mattheiu showed out at one of our camps. There is video somewhere of him absolutely blanketing WRs at the camp. They couldn't catch anything with him covering. Coaching staff was said not to like his lack of size.

So the Honeybadger amd Tajh Boyd were told to look elsewhere ? Brilliant .

His friend who’s capabilities he’s had plenty of time to vett. Bet he has a different timeline than you.
Bet he does too, he’s the decision maker, I’m obviously one single fan with an opinion. But I’d also guess his best friend gets a longer leash than he deserves if he doesn’t turn this really bad OL into a competent one this year.

VN Store

Back