Will Friend...Cool Dude. Good Info..

Bet he does too, he’s the decision maker, I’m obviously one single fan with an opinion. But I’d also guess his best friend gets a longer leash than he deserves if he doesn’t turn this really bad OL into a competent one this year.
No OL coach turns bad OL the other way...that’s a myth. Sam Pittman is Don Mahoney if he can’t recruit. We’ll see marked improvement because Friend can.

No OL coach turns bad OL the other way...that’s a myth. Sam Pittman is Don Mahoney if he can’t recruit. We’ll see marked improvement because Friend can.
We’ll see. At no point in time last season, from the first play of the season when the WVa DT shot through a wide open gap and nearly decapitated JG, to the last game of the season when they got pushed around by mighty Vandy, did the OL show any toughness, any idea of the blocking schemes, any competence whatsoever.

Perhaps Friend is a great OL coach and it was, for some reason, an anomaly that he had no positive influence on the players he was directly responsible for from week 1 thru week 13. We should surely have a much better idea during and after this season. If he turns it around and the OL suddenly looks like a real SEC OL, then last year is forgotten and forgiven as a one off. If not, which is what I’m guessing we’ll see, then Pruitt will need to look at making a change before Friend’s poor performance begins to hurt his future as Tennessee’s head coach.

We’ll see. At no point in time last season, from the first play of the season when the WVa DT shot through a wide open gap and nearly decapitated JG, to the last game of the season when they got pushed around by mighty Vandy, did the OL show any toughness, any idea of the blocking schemes, any competence whatsoever.

Perhaps Friend is a great OL coach and it was, for some reason, an anomaly that he had no positive influence on the players he was directly responsible for from week 1 thru week 13. We should surely have a much better idea during and after this season. If he turns it around and the OL suddenly looks like a real SEC OL, then last year is forgotten and forgiven as a one off. If not, which is what I’m guessing we’ll see, then Pruitt will need to look at making a change before Friend’s poor performance begins to hurt his future as Tennessee’s head coach.
As I previously stated, no OL coach outcoaches the talent available. Harry Heistand was mediocre here and great at Notre Dame and now with the Bears. Pittman wasn’t anything special until his one and done here with Tiny, Fulton, Stone and James. Got some crutin cred and took that with him to Arkansas. Nothing special that he taught techniques wise...just better big uglies. Key will be seen as less and less a home run at Georgia Tech as he was at Bama, but his rep will land him high 3 stars and the occasional 4 star. Friend will properly coach Morris and Wright this season and keep bringing the talent to join them. His job’s in no danger.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Hate singling out players but necessary for the point.

Tatum was responsible for a large percentage of the breakdowns in protection. Removing his performance and judging the rest of the OL, I believe they showed decent improvement over last year. That's not saying much but that's the discussion.

Some will refuse to see any improvement but after rewatching yet again, I'm convinced of a better job by most.

Tatum looks very slow.

Hate singling out players but necessary for the point.

Tatum was responsible for a large percentage of the breakdowns in protection. Removing his performance and judging the rest of the OL, I believe they showed decent improvement over last year. That's not saying much but that's the discussion.

Some will refuse to see any improvement but after rewatching yet again, I'm convinced of a better job by most.

Yet Tatum had a good game vs the top DL in the draft in all probability, Allen from Ky.

VN Store

Back