2019 Orange and White Game thread 4.13.19 6:00 pm.

Bout what I expected.

The OL is still the story. Having said that, if what they fielded today was what they were rolling with in the fall it would be a bigger concern.

Both sides of the ball had some moments. It's a spring game so taking too much from the good or the bad is probably not wise.

Anyways back on topic. Anyone pay specific attention to wanya? I admittedly got caught up watching the QBs, how did he do?

He
Maybe, but Mauer is a true freshman playing against the 2's on a defense that as far as we know, isn't that good. Gotta keep it in perspective. I certainly hope he's good enough to take the starting spot, but unlikely at this point imo.

He Is also playing with 2nd team offense

Thinking about the game on my drive home: Both sides of the ball had moments that were both good and bad. I would expect play calling to be somewhat vanilla during the spring scrimmage. With that said, the team has a starting QB, I don't think that is going to change. I could possibly see Shrout and Maurer fighting for backup....but I still think Shrout holds on. Maurer however, seems to have the most natural ability of the three and I expect great things from him down the road. Crouch, Jennings, Banks, and Chandlier are going to be play makers.....I also expect Palmer to do well. Morris, I think that's his name....he's big, I mean huge. At any rate. you all have a good night and ................GO VOLS!!

Any thoughts about Will Friend, making improvements on the OL?
Yes, I feel like the team has improved on both sides of the ball. I would not have said that in the first quarter. A dramatic difference, no...but there is improvement with the OL. It's just hard to get a feel (every year) for what you have in the O&W game. I personally don't see this being a 9 win team...I think a bowl game should be expected and anything else would be icing on the cake. JMO, I'm sure others may feel differently.

Actually, a very athletic catch by Palmer that was thrown horribly behind him and should have been picked.
It was not out in front and away from the defender as it should have been... But wasn't horribly behind him.... Had he caught it on the first touch it wouldn't have looked as bad... It could have been better.. but you are making it sound way worse than it was

Be careful referring to Maurer. We are not suppose to say what we like about another QB. We can only talk good about JG.
No... He has a lot of upside.. but as you said . You have watched him a couple years and may be a little biased.... He hasn't had to be the man on a college team yet. Time will tell

Thinking about the game on my drive home: Both sides of the ball had moments that were both good and bad. I would expect play calling to be somewhat vanilla during the spring scrimmage. With that said, the team has a starting QB, I don't think that is going to change. I could possibly see Shrout and Maurer fighting for backup....but I still think Shrout holds on. Maurer however, seems to have the most natural ability of the three and I expect great things from him down the road. Crouch, Jennings, Banks, and Chandlier are going to be play makers.....I also expect Palmer to do well. Morris, I think that's his name....he's big, I mean huge. At any rate. you all have a good night and ................GO VOLS!!
I think you summed it up well, and would only add two things, one being that McCullough gave us some wow plays we hope to see more of, and that it was good to see multiple TEs make catches.

Reactions: Sara Clark
been to several O&W games..you suggesting reading a book instead..wtf is wrong with you..its a FREE time in the stadium..just wtf.

You’re crazy. The library is more exciting. Here’s me and my friends ready to check out some books.
giphy.gif

Spring games don't tell us much of anything anyway. Never has IMO. I wouldn't read too much into anything that took place today. My goal for this team in the fall is to take down USCe, Vandy, KY and Mizzou, win the non conference games, take down Miss State and be in the game at FLA with a chance to pull it out.

You’re crazy. The library is more exciting. Here’s me and my friends ready to check out some books.
giphy.gif
that's the same way we look to the O&W game..but yeah I agree I love reading.. just wont miss a free trip to watch the VOLS play just to read a book,,unless im a spoiled student ..then I c your point,

Reactions: Jack Burton

VN Store

Back