The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

I'm in the same boat. I was fine with what I had for $39.99. I don't care about Discovery or whatever they added. I was hoping they would allow grandfathered plans, but no nice.

At the $49.99 price point, I'm wondering now if PS Vue is the move.
Im thinking of Hulu TV once my DirecTV contract is up. I've gotten my DTV down to $35/ month.

PS Vue is pretty strict on how many other devices you can watch and what/if you can watch away from your home.

I just cut cable and signed up for Playstation Vue. I have the core package and am moving from Comcast to Fios for internet. I’ll update when I get it all up and running. My cable bill was $230 a month and I couldn’t justify it anymore. With Vue and internet I’ll now be at $130 and get a free year of Netflix.

PS Vue is pretty strict on how many other devices you can watch and what/if you can watch away from your home.
That's my downfall with it. I've loved that with YouTube tv you cpuld watch on several things at once.

So YouTube TV is bumping their price by $10 per month to $49.99 inline with the PS Vue core plan.

Anyone else thinking of changing with this latest price bump? Vue has NFL Network, so.... :)

I'm also thinking it might be a good time to test out any other worthy suitors.
Me and my wife were discussing this. She doesn't really watch tv at all, and i mainly keep it for football. May cancel, then just ad it back, or slung, during football season.

I think all the CBS games stream for free online. I guess that's the only games he can watch? That's a deal breaker for me. Sports is the only reason I still have my cable package.
Before i had YouTube tv i paid like $5 a month for cbs all access to go with my sling account.

I just cut cable and signed up for Playstation Vue. I have the core package and am moving from Comcast to Fios for internet. I’ll update when I get it all up and running. My cable bill was $230 a month and I couldn’t justify it anymore. With Vue and internet I’ll now be at $130 and get a free year of Netflix.

My story exactly. I only got one Roku stick, but I like PS Vue and will get all four TV s on it.
It has everything Comcast has except Bloomberg, religious channels and shoping channels.
I got the 2nd tier.

Me and my wife were discussing this. She doesn't really watch tv at all, and i mainly keep it for football. May cancel, then just ad it back, or slung, during football season.
I use Sling for football season. $25 + $5 for SEC network. Antenna gets us the CBS games. Sign up in August and dump it after NCG. We haven’t had cable in over 8 years.

I might just cancel streaming TV after the Stanley Cup until football season starts back up, at this point it's mainly just background noise in our house besides hockey.

DTVN is the best going on IMO. We even take it with us on travel and like camping. I had PSVUE for about a year but switched and haven’t looked back. I didn’t like the location lock with PSVUE and the menu was clunky and the resolution was poor IMo.

Reactions: Tin Man
So YouTube TV is bumping their price by $10 per month to $49.99 inline with the PS Vue core plan.

Anyone else thinking of changing with this latest price bump? Vue has NFL Network, so.... :)

I'm also thinking it might be a good time to test out any other worthy suitors.
Have you already used your vue free trial?
Either way, the best part of all of them, no contracts. Switch and switch back if you don't like it.

Yah. The streaming options are raising their rates to the point that, once you pay for internet and then streaming TV, you're about as expensive as it was to have a cable package. But at least I can watch whatever I want on unlimited phone data wherever I am, if I want.
Comcast cable gave me a great deal and I can stream on my phone from wherever. But the deal’s one year deal is up after this month

I think all the CBS games stream for free online. I guess that's the only games he can watch? That's a deal breaker for me. Sports is the only reason I still have my cable package.
I wasn't going to moralize, but I'm not comfortable stealing. It would be nice to get the CBS games free, but there are a lot of ESPN/SECN/etc games I want to see, so the cost of streaming cable naturally becomes a part of the cost/benefit analysis.

I'm just speaking to my conscience, but it seems pretty plain that pirating something that costs money, without paying for it, is stealing. It then becomes a matter of what your integrity is worth to you.

Speaking of "probably not a reply you were looking for..." :)

VN Store

Back