Grant holding press conference

I don't disagree with you. A little suprised people are this upset with it though. lol

He's a great kid, has been a great team player, and apparently wanted to be available for questions after he announced what he was doing. I don't know why it's bothering people to the degree it is.

Our fans are selfish simpletons that can’t be happy for the success of their own.

Give me a break people the kid is all class and represented this school with the utmost class .. he didnt want any speculation ..it sounded like to be he wanted to come back but will take the free evaluation and experience with agents etc ........ heck if I was him and read all this crap being posted I would says ya know just forget it ... I will just go on to NBA .... some people can grip and complain about any and everything .... he deserved to explain his decision and he took questions .. the average fan should be glad he did this .. he is not selfish and wanted attention .. now the media should be upset that they wasted time .....

You can sign with an agent and still return to college if undrafted. New rules this year, correct? So, that tweet does not seem like someone "in the know"

We are taking this rule too much as an absolute.

You can hire and agent and return to school IF you don't accept anything other than advice and travel expenses.

You can't hire and agent and return to school if you take any more benefits from that agent

Same. I thought he was for sure gone, but now I actually think he'll end up staying.

It would have been insane for him not to test the process. Just no reason not to.
Yeap, tell him what he needs to work on to improve his stock next season, same way Admiral used it.

I'm holding a press conference at noon to announce my lunch decision. I'm leaning toward Mexican food but have not ruled out chick fil a.

That's what Facebook is for, let the world know.
However the University having a star like GW getting more press is good for Tennessee basketball.
You're trying to compare apples to oranges.

That's what Facebook is for, let the world know.
However the University having a star like GW getting more press is good for Tennessee basketball.
You're trying to compare apples to oranges.

I wasn't comparing anything. I was making a joke on a message board. It's going to be OK I promise.

Did we have the same amount of angst when Admiral Schofield did the exact same thing?

Those that are saying he gone and it's over. Just quit you don't know, I think it's a great chance Williams and Bone are back, but it's only my thoughts. GBO!

I just can't see him coming back... I looked it up... he's due about $6 million in his first three years (going 20th in Rd. 1), $1.8 million his first year. I just ask myself, would I give up $2 million to go for an SEC championship (got one) a run in the NCAA tournament (yup, that too). Could he learn a couple more things this year, possibly. And get to play for Barnes one more year. But the man has knee issues and was playing hurt most of the season. I can't imagine him upping his draft status (he can't grow two inches) besides learning a completely new skill, 3 point shot or play point. I mean I guess it's possible... but if I were advising him, I would already get him imaging coming home to his orange jersey being put into the rafters, and the beginning of an NBA career. I think Bone could use a year, and become a truly "elite", game changing point guard (he's got the skills), but in a class weak on point guards, I can't imagine someone not taking a chance on that kind of development opportunity.

I just can't see him coming back... I looked it up... he's due about $6 million in his first three years (going 20th in Rd. 1), $1.8 million his first year. I just ask myself, would I give up $2 million to go for an SEC championship (got one) a run in the NCAA tournament (yup, that too). Could he learn a couple more things this year, possibly. And get to play for Barnes one more year. But the man has knee issues and was playing hurt most of the season. I can't imagine him upping his draft status (he can't grow two inches) besides learning a completely new skill, 3 point shot or play point. I mean I guess it's possible... but if I were advising him, I would already get him imaging coming home to his orange jersey put into the rafters, and the beginning of an NBA career. I think Bone could use a year, and become a truly "elite", game changing point guard (he's got the skills), but in a class weak on point guards, I can't imagine someone not taking a chance on that kind of development opportunity.

If he's going to be picked 20th sure he's going and should.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back