Statement from Fulmer.

Speaking of logical fallacies ...

I don't recall a single person saying "no one will come here" - of course someone would come here. You can twist words if you want, but the point is that anyone acting like someone better than or equal to Barnes would be 1) easy to find and 2) willing to come to Tennessee is not operating in reality. I think we could've hired a good coach, but a resume like Rick's isn't going to be cheap.
Again, they would be starting with 10 mil in hand.

Izzo. Prove to me that he won't come here. The gymnastics scandal is possibly dragging down MSU's future with bad PR, and he has likely always wanted to end his career recruiting the South seeking a warm, low tax retirement city near a beach while he enjoyed the mountains in his later working years.

Sounds similar to the guy being "held back" from a fight he doesnt want any part of.

Add K and Cal to the list. Nobody can "prove" they wouldnt take it either at this point.

Saban might be ready for some mountains too.

Reactions: livefaith
I'm glad Fulmer was able to get this done and now CRB and his staff can put together a solid recruiting class for 2020 and it will be interesting to see whom CRB hires to replace Lanier.

Agreed that Phil Fulmer is at the helm as (so far) he has proved to be quite savvy and a good AD. But I have to say, it's kind of comforting seeing other schools jack up coaching hires and bobble AD duties......makes me realize it's not just UT.

This likely creates a salary increase for Pruitt prematurely. Football coach in Knoxville is not going to like playing second fiddle to basketball.
I hope that is the dumbest thing I read today. Pruitt better be about winning lest he find his seat getting hot, fast. He got no space to worry about his money.

So really, why is everyone so happy about this?

We had a coach, he was about to leave, we had to give him more money to stay, and now we still have the same coach...I mean, if the university is going to pay that kind of coin, why not just hire someone else who doesn’t have a 24-24 tournament record?

I wonder why UCLA didn't do that? 🤔

Reactions: Bret178
For the record, Barnes now makes more than Tony Bennett (Virginia), Tom Izzo (Mich St), Bruce Pearl (Auburn), and Chris Beard (Tx Tech).

We sure we’re getting a good deal?
Have the details of Barnes' new contract been released? I would assume that some/lot of the money will go to assistant coaches' salaries.

Barnes has a house 20 minutes away from me in Debordieu Colony (I actually know the exact address). He was never moving to LA. I feel like this dude played UT for a raise. And for that, it kind of pisses me off.

Those houses are usually a dead giveaway. Yep.

We had a coach, he was about to leave, we had to give him more money to stay, and now we still have the same coach...I mean, if the university is going to pay that kind of coin, why not just hire someone else who doesn’t have a 24-24 tournament record?

Happy because we hired a coach that is solid, and has more tournament appearances that the School.

Lighting will strike and it will strike with Barnes before another new coach. Fans want a respectable basketball program well we have a better shot with Barnes than any other possibility.

Did they also increase his buyout to a number high enough so we don't have to ever go through this again?

Troll, Rick Barnes is the one that brought this program out of the toilet (not anyone else), he's made good progress each year he's been here, he's built a very good roster and staff. Even with losing some players we'll be a top 10 team next year. Look at his record against Calapari and Kentucky. Look at the glass half full and stop trolling dude.

Reactions: Lurker and Vols410
Troll, Rick Barnes is the one that brought this program out of the toilet (not anyone else), he's made good progress each year he's been here, he's built a very good roster and staff. Even with losing some players we'll be a top 10 team next year. Look at his record against Calapari and Kentucky. Look at the glass half full and stop trolling dude.

Look at his record against Bruce Pearl.... that’s the one I care about.

VN Store

Back