Luck.......

It’s true. Auburn was one shot away from being bounced in the first round and one shoe away from making it to the championship game.
Great post

Crazy. If that shot had went down those auburn fans would have set next year for Pearl to prove how truly good he is

One S16 is eleven years is a lot of shi*** luck

Virginia got lucky against Purdue. But you also make your own luck. They got the 1 seed. They weren’t down 18 at halftime. They beat their opponents in OT. Their kids didn’t panic in big situations.

Reactions: k-town_king
One S16 is eleven years is a lot of shi*** luck
This is said with sarcasm but is honestly true.
Also, I’m assuming you thought last year that Tony Bennett was a bad tourney coach too, no? Cause he was constantly bounced early, even as a 1 seed to a 16 seed. And yet here he is, a national champion. Because the ball bounced his way this year

Reactions: Vols410
11 years?

I'd swear the Vols have been more than that but I am truly now sure how good our program really is

Well before this year Tennessee has made 4 sweet sixteens in a nine year period I believe.

This is said with sarcasm but is honestly true.
Also, I’m assuming you thought last year that Tony Bennett was a bad tourney coach too, no? Cause he was constantly bounced early, even as a 1 seed to a 16 seed. And yet here he is, a national champion. Because the ball bounced his way this year

He was. He also had the #1 team in the country this year and changed some of his style after the debacle last year. Made an E8 in the last few years too. Props to him.

He’s also 49.

How they get lucky against Texas Tech and Auburn? Because their guys made big plays?

Seriously?

A massive foul call won the aurbun game

A massive reply overturned an out of bounds call where Virginia clearly fouls the ball handler when the game was a 1 pt diffence

You really aren't watching these games

Yep

Texas tech was the most dominant team of the tourney
Whatever the reason, Virginia was able to make the big shots when it counted. They made some 3's from the corner when they had to in more than one game. I was in Louisville and thought they were dead when they had 2 foul shots, 3 points down, and a fraction over 5 seconds to go. They made the first, missed the second and tapped the rebound into the back court. I thought it was over, and they got it into overtime.

They were incredible at the end of games when the outcome was up in the air. In my mind, the only real questionable call they got was the missed double dribble. They won the games when they had a chance.

Seriously?

A massive foul call won the aurbun game

A massive reply overturned an out of bounds call where Virginia clearly fouls the ball handler when the game was a 1 pt diffence

You really aren't watching these

Which was absolutely the right call. Guy had to hit 3 ridiculously tough FT’s. He did. Auburn didn’t hit enough of theirs.

It was a two point game. UVA then got a good luck and was fouled. And Virginia went down today and hit all their FT’s down the stretch. That’s not luck.

Also if a double dribble is called Virginia losses to Auburn but the op is an idiot

Auburn fouled him which caused the double dribble so the luck evened out. Funny how that works.

Reactions: FlVols
Which was absolutely the right call. Guy had to hit 3 ridiculously tough FT’s. He did. Auburn didn’t hit enough of theirs.

It was a two point game. UVA then got a good luck and was fouled. And Virginia went down today and hit all their FT’s down the stretch. That’s not luck.

Yes the foul call against aurbun was correct but the dribble would have ended the game?

I guess that wasn't lucky for Virginia it wasn't called ???

VN Store

Back