Russell Smith reporting Kellie Jolly-Harper has been hired

doc4f1923e67fc5a543003123-doc4f1923e67fc5a5430031231.jpg

I agree with most of what you said.

Evina and Eva Westbrook need to leave the team for sure.

Kellie will have a one year honeymoon period as all new head coaches do.

It depends on what you mean by 1 year honeymoon. She will have to make the tournament or she will be on the hot seat.

If you are referring to the 3rd world fundamentals left as a result of Warlick's coaching then I agree. It will take a year. But again, talent alone should get her a 11 or 12 seed in the tourney like Warlick.

I would take an 8x10 glossy of this when I go talk with Horston and the other signees. How many coaches can pull this out of their bag!
Thanks for the memories

There's one at LSU with a better resume and great looks.

There's going to be a learning curve for her and the staff. We need to demonstrate patience as a fan base. Let's give her 4 maybe 5 years and if we are still struggling then we can start again but this time with a search firm. We have the excuse of youth on both the player and now coaches side of the equation.

There's going to be a learning curve for her and the staff. We need to demonstrate patience as a fan base. Let's give her 4 maybe 5 years and if we are still struggling then we can start again but this time with a search firm. We have the excuse of youth on both the player and now coaches side of the equation.

Oh great...another coach to learn on the job. UT is back to it's normal self - cheap scapes.

As Tennessee fans, we always have to settle for less, and you can be sure there are plenty of folks waiting in the wings ready to rationalize the f*** out of an unimpressive hire.

Jesus. I thought our program could pull somebody with a better resume, but given the state of Tennessee sports in general, maybe this is exactly what we deserve.

As Tennessee fans, we always have to settle for less, and you can be sure there are plenty of folks waiting in the wings ready to rationalize the f*** out of an unimpressive hire.

Jesus. I thought our program could pull somebody with a better resume, but given the state of Tennessee sports in general, maybe this is exactly what we deserve.
We could have gotten several much better but the blue hairs drove this and anyone who thinks otherwise dont understand whats going on. Several high profile coaches reached out and none were contacted. Some may call BS, but I dont care. Im not guessing. Plus wait till the terms are announced. Then you will be really mad.

And Fulmer steps up to the plate hits a single and sets the direction of the program for the next decade. Let's just say we aren't fully committed to taking Baylor's market share back. Hello round of 32 and "what we are working toward for next year" press conferences. Our program is no longer elite I'll tell you that. Probably never will be unless we get lucky. The eliteness apparently passed away with Pat.

Reactions: BreatheUT
We could have gotten several much better but the blue hairs drove this and anyone who thinks otherwise dont understand whats going on. Several high profile coaches reached out and none were contacted. Some may call BS, but I dont care. Im not guessing. Plus wait till the terms are announced. Then you will be really mad.

Please tell me they didn’t give her a shytload of money!! :confused::mad:

Makes sense. The big name coaches tossed out on here were so unrealistic. Many disdain the Lady Vol name and history. They have become the faces of their own programs. They view Tennessee as "catchable" now.

Best of luck to Harper. IIRC Summitt once quipped that Kellie informed her and Mickie that she would come back here and coach someday.

That’s actually not what I said at all. Appreciate your feedback.
Ok, you said if we weren't willing to support, then we weren't true fans... willing to support what then? Your post inferred support of the hire given that this is what this thread is all about... you sound like the liberal media trying to walk back their fake news...

Makes sense. The big name coaches tossed out on here were so unrealistic. Many disdain the Lady Vol name and history. They have become the faces of their own programs. They view Tennessee as "catchable" now.

Best of luck to Harper. IIRC Summitt once quipped that Kellie informed her and Mickie that she would come back here and coach someday.

I know of two big names that were realistic. Never got a call from Phillip. And we wonder why we are where we are. And I dont think anyone will argue with that.....

Reactions: POLOinDC

VN Store

Back