Auburn just got screwed...

Auburn should have had the ball with about 3 seconds left after the missed double dribble... that is a helluva way to lose a game. I'm still too bitter at the way we lost to feel sorry for them though.

Go look at the desperation shot and see if there was not contact on his way back to the floor as well....
I went back and watched and the defender established position. The Auburn offensive player fell into him. That wasn’t a foul. Now the double dribble was certainly missed.

Reactions: eaglevol
The defender just stood there and even leaned back away. The shooter clearly jumped into him.
The front defender went straight up but it looked like the one slightly behind made contact as the Auburn player caught and shot.

Sir Charles did say that it was a foul. He went onto say that it was a lot like the Carson foul with UT, except he did not kick his foot out like Carson for Purdue did.

Reactions: BreatheUT and BartW
Guys the Auburn player fouled the shooter. Not sure what you're looking at. Way more contact than the Turner call. No call on the double dribble cost Auburn a shot at the title. The officials were not calling anything all game. They we're bad

The Virginia inbounds with 15 or so seconds I thought the inbounder was clearly over the line but I was thinking it doesn't matter, until Va hit the 3 and made it a 2 pt game.

Guys the Auburn player fouled the shooter. Not sure what you're looking at. Way more contact than the Turner call. No call on the double dribble cost Auburn a shot at the title. The officials were not calling anything all game. They we're bad
Definitely!!!!

Reactions: BreatheUT
Truthful I thought the officials got Auburn back in the game by not calling a foul when Jerome was shooting then called his fourth foul seconds later( which was a foul). The failure to call the double dribble was a big miss however.

Looked to me like the Brown made contact a couple times trying to intentionally foul before the double dribble. So it would’ve been irrelevant if they’d have called that.

Also... After basically being told to stfu and quit whining after our loss, I completely lack the sympathy for anybody who thinks they lost on a bad call.

I personally missed the call and didn't see it until they showed the replay. The speed of the game sometimes is just too fast.

It was a double dribble on va at end. Should have been AU ball.

That’s not even debatable. He kicked his own ball then picked it up. aU player never touched ball.

That was the screw u to AU. Not the foul.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Sin City Vol

VN Store

Back