Tennessee vs #8 Mississippi State Game 1 Thread - 6:30pm

Yep, I really don’t think we will ever be anything other than a whipping boy in baseball.. every year the same thing... these guys have no idea how to step up and beat a quality sec team... they crap their pants everytime, every year.

This team is better than the last few years. It’s a long season.

I think there is truth to this as for the pitching, fielding, maybe, but timely hitting continues to be a struggle for this team, the bottom half of the lineup in particular.

Bottom of the lineup cost them this game.

It has kinda been the same story the last two seasons. Coaches don’t seem to have a good feel on when to take out the starters. Let’s use the pen before we have bases loaded and 1 out. Same song, different verse every game.

Makes ya wonder...why don’t they trust ‘em...

Yep, I really don’t think we will ever be anything other than a whipping boy in baseball.. every year the same thing... these guys have no idea how to step up and beat a quality sec team... they crap their pants everytime, every year.
Correct.

I ain’t got a dog in the fight but the behind the plate ump in this game blows, Auburn got it rough on that one.

Took 1 against Vandy, have a top 10 RPI , won a series against South Carolina. This is statement is very premature and off base

I really don’t understand why Derkay is not DH, but... I haven’t watched as many games this year, I’m also not around the team, but...
That would mean taking out Russell who was on a 5 game hitting streak. You could try him at 1st but Ferguson has been swinging a good bad and been improving defensively.

Took 1 against Vandy, have a top 10 RPI , won a series against South Carolina. This is statement is very premature and off base
Let me clarify, I meant to actually win series against elite sec teams, especially when at home. South Carolina is not what I would consider elite this year. I’m glad your more optimistic than I am but my statement was in no way off base, not even a little bit.

Let me clarify, I meant to actually win series against elite sec teams, especially when at home. South Carolina is not what I would consider elite this year. I’m glad your more optimistic than I am but my statement was in no way off base, not even a little bit.
Premature then. I’d let everything play out. This team is much improved from last season. The strides this staff have made in short time is pretty remarkable and the talent on the recruiting end is elite. So yes I disagree with that they are always going to be a whipping boy. Let me ask you a question? Would them making a regional this season change your opinion?

Premature then. I’d let everything play out. This team is much improved from last season. The strides this staff have made in short time is pretty remarkable and the talent on the recruiting end is elite. So yes I disagree with that they are always going to be a whipping boy. Let me ask you a question? Would them making a regional this season change your opinion?
It would certainly show progress

Ok that’s fair. Well they are on pace to do that. They are currently sitting at 11 in RPI and D1 baseball has them in comfortably as a 2 seed. Let things play out is all I’m saying.

I suspect that that projection is based more on current RPI than current W/L. 3-6 (now 3-7) isn’t a great start to conference play. Regardless of RPI, the wins need to start coming soon.

I agree with your comment but let’s be honest about something. The returning players the previous staff left, especially the freshman who are now juniors, are partly to do with the “strides” that are happening so quickly. If I recall and it’s been awhile that the previous staff, now departed, was left with a roster filled of not so good of players. And when we talk about strides I believe over the past 7-10 years, with two different HC we have also been 3-7 at this point in SEC. If you average that out over 30 games it’s 9-21. Is this what you are calling strides?? I want them to win too but let’s look at things the right way.

VN Store

Back