Tennessee vs #8 Mississippi State Game 1 Thread - 6:30pm

I agree with your comment but let’s be honest about something. The returning players the previous staff left, especially the freshman who are now juniors, are partly to do with the “strides” that are happening so quickly. If I recall and it’s been awhile that the previous staff, now departed, was left with a roster filled of not so good of players. And when we talk about strides I believe over the past 7-10 years, with two different HC we have also been 3-7 at this point in SEC. If you average that out over 30 games it’s 9-21. Is this what you are calling strides?? I want them to win too but let’s look at things the right way.
Alerick Soularie , Ricky Martinez, Rucker, Ferguson, Crochet, the two catchers. Where would this team be without them? Also strides made by those player have to do with player development as well.

I suspect that that projection is based more on current RPI than current W/L. 3-6 (now 3-7) isn’t a great start to conference play. Regardless of RPI, the wins need to start coming soon.
The RPI doesn’t lie. The sweep against Indiana and only stubbing there toe once is luming large. 13 conference wins and the team is in a regional

The RPI doesn’t lie. The sweep against Indiana and only stubbing there toe once is luming large. 13 conference wins and the team is in a regional

We’re saying the same thing, although I think the number is 14. At some point those wins need to come. 10-11 more wins is a lot for this team.

Have to win the series for what? If the goal is to make the regional they really just have to get 1.

Will you be singing the same tune if we’re headed into next weekend at 3-9 or 4-8? At some point they are going to have to string something together.

I’m not down on them, not in the least. I would feel better coming out of this weekend at 5-7 though. Next weekend doesn’t get any easier and that’s the halfway point.

Reactions: StarRaider
I agree with your comment but let’s be honest about something. The returning players the previous staff left, especially the freshman who are now juniors, are partly to do with the “strides” that are happening so quickly. If I recall and it’s been awhile that the previous staff, now departed, was left with a roster filled of not so good of players. And when we talk about strides I believe over the past 7-10 years, with two different HC we have also been 3-7 at this point in SEC. If you average that out over 30 games it’s 9-21. Is this what you are calling strides?? I want them to win too but let’s look at things the right way.

We get UK and Mizzou in backend of schedule. Is that how you normally forecast schedules? Depends who and when you play.

We get UK and Mizzou in backend of schedule. Is that how you normally forecast schedules? Depends who and when you play.

Yes, this is why you have to avoid digging to big a hole early. How many times over the last few years has Hoover come down to the final game of the season? That’s just Hoover.

The folks who say “same ole same ole” and the folks who say “I see improvement “ can both be right, imo...at least, at this moment.

Reactions: Titan05
Will you be singing the same tune if we’re headed into next weekend at 3-9 or 4-8? At some point they are going to have to string something together.

I’m not down on them, not in the least. I would feel better coming out of this weekend at 5-7 though. Next weekend doesn’t get any easier and that’s the halfway point.
Yes. This half of the schedule was the brutal part. Need to get one win this weekend and win next weekends series. I think both are very attainable.

VN Store

Back