Who do you root for now ?

I find it funny you were the only person in the world that knew Cuonzo was going to bolt and that it shouldn’t have been treated as a surprise.

Never said that. Comprehension. First, you said that Pearl hung around Knoxville for 3 years and didn’t lobby for jobs. It’s because no one would hire him. He would have jumped at coaching again. Then, you said, “instead of the Donnie fiasco, we could have brought him back and united the fan base when Cuonzo went gonezo.” No, we couldn’t. He took the Auburn job before “Cuonzo went gonezo.” We weren’t during Cuonzo while still playing in the NCAAT.

Pearl waited to take Auburn job until Tennessee made a decision on Cuonzo, not Cuonzo making a decision on TN. Was simple: Cuonzo makes tourney and he keeps his job. Cuonzo misses tourney and he very likely gets canned.

Bruce took the Auburn job once it was clear that Cuonzo wasn’t getting let go due to the tourney bid.

Once again, you don’t know your history.

Lol. I am arguing with a brick wall. Have fun.

Lol. I am arguing with a brick wall. Have fun.
Sure bud.

You’re the guy parading around as the only person in the world that knew Cuonzo was going to bolt from Tennessee after making a tourney run in a hot seat year instead of staying.
You must not be a true Vol fan then because you could have warned us and not let us end up with Donnie.

Amen. Guy always wore it on his sleeve when here. These fugging azzholes forget everything he poured into this program. Need a throat punch. Maybe they can hold hand and sing kumbaya with Barnes.

Go root for Auburn. I loved Bruce, but the love for him as an SEC opponent is ridiculous. It’s quite easy to root for them.

Sure bud.

You’re the guy parading around as the only person in the world that knew Cuonzo was going to bolt from Tennessee after making a tourney run in a hot seat year instead of staying.
You must not be a true Vol fan then because you could have warned us and not let us end up with Donnie.

Dense. We weren’t firing Martin while playing in the NCAAT. There was no job for Pearl to take. You just don’t get it. Pearl decided he wanted a job and got a P5 job.

Graduated in 2002.

Reactions: gordonr24
Never said that. Comprehension. First, you said that Pearl hung around Knoxville for 3 years and didn’t lobby for jobs. It’s because no one would hire him. He would have jumped at coaching again. Then, you said, “instead of the Donnie fiasco, we could have brought him back and united the fan base when Cuonzo went gonezo.” No, we couldn’t. He took the Auburn job before “Cuonzo went gonezo.” We weren’t during Cuonzo while still playing in the NCAAT.

You said Pearl took the Auburn job before Tennessee had an opening. They had an opening because the coach left, not because the school made the opening.

You can’t see the difference in that which means you must be ignorant, a troll, or just stupid.

Dense. We weren’t firing Martin while playing in the NCAAT. There was no job for Pearl to take. You just don’t get it. Pearl decided he wanted a job and got a P5 job.

Graduated in 2002.

Had Pearl known Cuonzo was bolting, he doesn’t take Auburn job knowing Tennessee has an opening.

Cuonzo caused the opening, not UT. Not hard to comprehend here.

You said Pearl took the Auburn job before Tennessee had an opening. They had an opening because the coach left, not because the school made the opening.

You can’t see the difference in that which means you must be ignorant, a troll, or just stupid.

It doesn’t matter how the opening occurred. There wasn’t a job at UT for Pearl to take. Who care how the opening occurred? Pearl took another job before UT had a coaching vacancy.

Had Pearl known Cuonzo was bolting, he doesn’t take Auburn job knowing Tennessee has an opening.

Cuonzo caused the opening, not UT. Not hard to comprehend here.

Probably not. Because we wouldn’t have hired him.

Graduated in 2002.

Pearl waiting for UT to decide on Cuonzo aka Selection Sunday before making a decision on Auburn. Yet I’m the dense one....

It doesn’t matter how the opening occurred. There wasn’t a job at UT for Pearl to take. Who care how the opening occurred? Pearl took another job before UT had a coaching vacancy.

Because the coaching job wasn’t available because the school wasnt making the opening. Pearl waited for that decision to be made. Stay ignorant tho!

Pearl waiting for UT to decide on Cuonzo aka Selection Sunday before making a decision on Auburn. Yet I’m the dense one....

Lol. Tony Barbee was fired March 12, and Pearl was announced March 18.

My statement still stands that UT did not have an opening for Bruce to consider. Our administration was not hiring him back. It’s been fun. Have a good night.

Lol. Tony Barbee was fired March 12, and Pearl was announced March 18.

My statement still stands that UT did not have an opening for Bruce to consider. Our administration was not hiring him back. It’s been fun. Have a good night.

Barbee was notified he wouldn’t be retained weeks prior to the conference tourney.... this is common knowledge.

Bruce waited to take that opening once UT was guaranteed to not have an opening with Cuonzo getting a tourney spot. This is common knowledge.....

Acting like Bruce was taking the Auburn job regardless of UT, which is exactly what you have done all night.

Ignorant or troll? Which is it?

No one, NCAA is a joke, Zion and Dookies could punch someone while dribbling and they’d call a blocking foul. Other teams get the shaft.

VolGee is not a troll. He’s one of the best posters on this forum, and he is also right in this argument.

I will pull for Auburn and Gonzaga. I haven't pulled for Kentucky as an SEC team since halftime when they played Stanford in the tourney years ago when the officiating was so one sided that I looked for Kentucky players to pull knives and not be called for it while touch fouls were called on Stanford. I think Gonzaga wins it all.

Liked Pearl a lot when he was here...still like him as a coach, but with what he did he was finished at UT forever. Having said that and getting back to the point of this thread. I will root for Auburn to beat KY but without Okke their chances really got hurt. Be interesting to see if UVA can make their game with Purdue a defensive struggle. If so I believe they could frustrate Purdue and win. Always root for the Zags unless they play UT. Hope Sparty beats Duke and think they may have a chance especially if Reddish does not play Sunday. Tre Jones won't score 20 points on Winston.

I hope Purdue gets their butts kicked. Go UNC and go Michigan State!

I would never pull for KENSUCKEY , or BRUCE THE LYING CHEAT Pearl and his asst coach Big NOSE STEVEN PEARL no I am not SEC guy I'm VOL fan
neither of these team or any other SEC would support VOLS , don't want don't need ………………………..GO VOLS

I really hope Gonzaga wins. I like Rui a lot, clean program, lost to UNCheat in the natty a couple of years ago. Plus it would be cool to think that we beat the national champion this year

VN Store

Back