Next year

"Solid 10/10" guys don't grow on trees. There wasn't a single guy who averaged a double-double in the SEC this season, and only 18 guys in all of D1 averaged double-digit rebounds.

I'd settle for Fulky to be a solid 7/6 guy. If he can just replace KA's production and stay out of foul trouble, that is enough. He'll likely never average double figures in anything other than minutes, but he doesn't need to. Just be solid, rebound, and play good defense at the rim.

Just watch.

Grant will make more money later in his life than he will in the NBA. I think he comes back, gets his masters and then gives NBA a shot. He's probably closer to 6-5 than he is 6-7 and even at 6-7 he's too small to be a power forward in todays NBA. Maybe 20 years ago, but not today. PFs are 6-10+ every night. Hell, Lebron is 6-8 and he's a 3! Durant is 6-10. If youre drafting a first rounder, he better be someone who can match up with those two.

Grant will make more money later in his life than he will in the NBA. I think he comes back, gets his masters and then gives NBA a shot. He's probably closer to 6-5 than he is 6-7 and even at 6-7 he's too small to be a power forward in todays NBA. Maybe 20 years ago, but not today. PFs are 6-10+ every night. Hell, Lebron is 6-8 and he's a 3! Durant is 6-10. If youre drafting a first rounder, he better be someone who can match up with those two.

Draymond Green says hello.... He developed a jumper in the NBA that he didn't have in college.

I hope that Grant and Bone will return. I see Bone doing so as I don't think that he will be a first round pick in the draft. Another year would get him there. Grant is a question mark. Hard to predict what he's going to do.

Draymond Green says hello.... He developed a jumper in the NBA that he didn't have in college.
As did PJ Tucker who has been mentioned ad nauseam here. I think we have fans that want to try and convince themselves and others that Grant can't make it in the NBA, with the hope that he'll come back. Grant will probably never be an All-Star but I fully believe he can be a solid role player for years. If 6'6 Chuck Hayes can have a decade long NBA career, I don't see why Grant can't.

"If" Grant comes back and we can add a grad transfer like Rayjon Tucker we will be even better than this year.
I also think we can be better next year. A lot of things have to go right, but we can be a lot deeper next year. We really needed one more guard this season. If we can somehow get Rayjon Tucker or Kyree Walker, we could likely fill the stats we lose with Admiral through the two mentioned earlier and James. I would also like to see if we could get another rim protector at the center position (the guy doesn’t have to have a lot of skill offensively other than being able to dunk around the rim and hopefully rebound well). We would also need Grant and Bone to come back to school.

Reactions: Stoked
If Williams and Bone are back then I think 20 wins is a given. I don’t think Grant comes back though

I don't think anything is a "given". Who replaces Admiral and how effective will he be? Who gives us a stable replacement for Alexander? I've not seen anything that tells me Fulkerson, Kent, Walker or Burns can be effective. Will we have any depth? Will Fulkerson evolve into a solid option? Kent? Will they need another year to "develop"? I think we take a step back next year. I'd hope we could make the NCAA but nothing will be a "given".

Just watch.
Believe me, I hope you are right, but telling me to just watch has me no more convinced than I was 5 minutes ago. I've seen Fulkerson play. Unless he magically transforms himself over the offseason, you have set the bar ridiculously high. But like I said, I'd love for you to be right.

Reactions: VolGee4
Again, I think people need to temper expectations for next year. 30 win seasons don't grow on trees, which is why people were so adamant in having fans enjoy this year. We had a six man rotation last night and 2, maybe 3, of them are gone. It's just not going to be as good as this year next year. This year was the culmination of a 3-4 year project.

He’s not going to grow three inches by coming back. If he does stay, it’s solely because he just wants to stay. His draft stock isn’t going any higher than it is right now IMO.

He’s not going to grow three inches by coming back. If he does stay, it’s solely because he just wants to stay. His draft stock isn’t going any higher than it is right now IMO.

Pretty simple.

If he wants to improve his shot he’s got a better chance improving it in the pros anyways.

Assuming Grant and Bone return, what will the starting five look like next year?

PG- Bone
SG- Turner
SF- Josiah James or Bowden
PF- G. Williams
C- Fulkerson or Burns

It looks pretty good to me, but we may have a height problem at the center position.

Assuming Grant and Bone return, what will the starting five look like next year?

PG- Bone
SG- Turner
SF- Josiah James or Bowden
PF- G. Williams
C- Fulkerson or Burns

It looks pretty good to me, but we may have a height problem at the center position.
I think Barnes tries to add a grad transfer big.

You think so? I don’t see it that way. I think taking away Admiral and Kyle and adding JJJ and Burns is not a net positive
Even if its a net negative you also have to figure in the overall improvement of the remaining players. Lots of unknowns. A player like Pons could turn the corner and become a difference maker.

Reactions: Vol49er
If Williams and Bone both go pro then the program will be taking two or three steps back, unfortunately. It would make for a very, very long season next year - and one without the media attention or publicity needed to stay in the spotlight.

Reactions: VOLED
I'm excited to see Fulkerson as the starting center. I think he could be a solid 10/10 guy. Bowden will have to replace Admiral's scoring and Pons will have to replace his length and defense.
Fulky will be a role player and not a starter without some extreme improvement in upperbody strength and skill improvement.

Ehh I can't see Fulkerson starting at center. I think it will either be Walker, Burns, or a juco/grad transfer. I love some Fulky but I think he'll always be the type of player that comes off the bench. He's a 4 anyways and I'd wish he'd work on his ball security and a 10-15 foot jump shot.
Agree 100 percent. If he's starting the only plus is we probably get a couple extra home games in the NIT.

Fulky will be a role player and not a starter without some extreme improvement in upperbody strength and skill improvement.
I agree I think Fulkerson will be coming off the bench in 2019-2020. I can't see him as anything more than a role player.

Well considering as he is the first big off the bench this year, he will be next man up to take over losing Kyle..... Walker didn't show enough to just jump Fulky in the lineup. Giddy Up!

I hope our guys that play 2-4 work on their ballhandling this summer. It would help us play faster if we didn’t always have to outlet it to Bone. It would also stop people from gameplaning to wear Bone down. If our guys can comfortably bring the ball up we could start our plays from the second or third action in the offense.

You think so? I don’t see it that way. I think taking away Admiral and Kyle and adding JJJ and Burns is not a net positive

Players will also improve. Jordan Bowden will be a star next year. I think Fulkerson has plenty of room to improve, especially in terms of getting stronger. His injuries have prevented that. Derrick Walker has upside, so does Jalen Johnson. Yves Pons is extremely raw. I don't see everyone staying the same.

Reactions: The Dog and knox73

VN Store

Back